I've been playing for a few years now, I know I'm really bad, but I am the best player I know.

Where is a good place to meet metal guitarists that don't suck? Other than the internet.
Quote by Oujou
I've been playing for a few years now, I know I'm really bad, but I am the best player I know.

Where is a good place to meet metal guitarists that don't suck? Other than the internet.

school

That's where I met the guys in my 1st band.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Jul 18, 2011,
Quote by Sean0913
Come visit my school in Texas.

Sean

Or pretty much anywhere in Austin. You can't go within 30 miles of a guitar store without wanting to switch to bass.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
go to a jazz club. 99.9% chance.

oh, metal guitarists? i don't really know - unless you know the next jeff loomis or chris broderick, really good metal players are few and far between.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
If you're the best around, make a metal band with one guitarist (you) and give it a go.

Otherwise metal gigs and musician advertisements would be the go.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by Hail
Or pretty much anywhere in Austin. You can't go within 30 miles of a guitar store without wanting to switch to bass.

Or just sweep floors at Burger King, only to realize that your co-worker who's filling up the salt shakers there, can also play the guitar like Robert Johnson, switch gears to Gatton, and bring it home like Vaughann with a dose of Govan fusion for good measure.

Best,

Sean
Scratches off Austin (and the rest of Texas) as a holiday destination... as well as Burger King for hunger.

I know I'm really bad, but I am the best player I know.

Still just trying to get to grips with this statement. You're bad... but the best player you know. Might be out of line here... but do you have friends?
Last edited by evolucian at Jul 19, 2011,
Quote by Sean0913
Ah come on evo - you know you can always come kick it with me!

Sean

Hehe, thanks man ... Just promise that we'll stay out of Burger King's, hahaha
The truth is, good players are everywhere. If you can't find someone to look up to, you're not looking very hard.
shred is gaudy music
As an addendum to what others have suggested, learn to kick your own ass. If you rely on others to motivate you, won't make it very far.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?