I'm about to buy a second hand yamaha 112j electric guitar from a local guy...

The guy claims its a yamaha 112j..... But i dont want to get duped into buying a cheaper 012 model which from my knowledge looks exactly same as 112j....

.... so i wanna know is there any visual difference which can help me identify that its 112j and not the cheaper 012 model...

Thanks.
The guitar has the model number written on it at the back of the headstock if i remember correctly.

It'll definitely be on there somewhere.
Quote by coolstoryangus
The guitar has the model number written on it at the back of the headstock if i remember correctly.

It'll definitely be on there somewhere.

Is the model number engraved on the headstock or the model no. is written on a sticker or something ????
I have both a 012 and a 112j. If they haven't changed since I got them (6 years ago, the 112 was my brother's), there are two very noticeable differences:
- the 112 fretboard is glossy, the 012 is not
- the 012 has different tuning keys. If you look at the back of the headstock, the 112 has round covers (as you can see on the back of the headstock posted above). The 012 has square ones, like these but smaller

thanks coolstoryangus and darkflame.... i'll check for those type of tuning peg and marking before buying.