Hi everyone, I've just bought a used Zoom G2.1U ( guitar effects pedal ) for like 100$
It's fine and it doesn't have any serious problems, but there's only one thing : there's a button that I can't push, it feels stiff like if it was blocked or jammed or something.
It's the "Effect Type +" button : the second one among the little black buttons from left to right

I was wondering did anyone ever have this problem? And is there any chance that I could fix it by myself?
I thought about opening the box and trying to unjam the button, it shouldn't be that risky but still I wanted to see if someone has ever been in this situation.

( I've looked around for a "How To" article concerning fixing and repairing zoom pedals, this was the only one I was able to find http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-repair-your-ZOOM-G2-G2.1U/ )

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Quote by bb155558
... file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Rob/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Summer%2010/amp%20test%20001.mpg
here is the link
open like another tab or something and copy and paste this into url.
Can you twist it? How hard are you pushing the button?

Did the seller say it was like that? If he/she didn't, then you should return it to them and get your money back. How long ago did you get it?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Jul 18, 2011,
Hey kutless999 thanks for your response;
Well it's not "twistable", only the big white knobs are. The little black ones are buttons that you can only push. At first I was using the other buttons normally to change effects and stuff, and then I needed that "Effect type+" button but it was blocked, I tried pushing it harder without damaging it but still it stayed blocked.

No the seller didn't say anything about it, he stopped playing guitar a year ago and he knew nothing about the current state of the pedal. We don't have a lot of guitar gear around here and I've been waiting for a pedal like this one for months, so I just had to buy it.
Well actually I've bought it today, and to be honest even with this button problem ; 100$ still feels like a good deal to me .
Quote by bb155558
... file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Rob/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Summer%2010/amp%20test%20001.mpg
here is the link
If you get some DeOxit or contact cleaner and spray it, then you might be able to free up the button.
No problem. I know twisting it won't change anything, but can you twist it? Or like wiggle it or move it around? That's weird how it's stuck like that.
I thought that it might have been pushed down too hard, so I tried wiggling it and pulling up it gently with a small pincer but nothing happened. When I compare it to the other buttons I see that they're all on the same level, it doesn't look pushed down/up too hard. I'm starting to think that maybe the spring ( below it, inside the pedal ) that allows it to bounce back when it's pushed could be broken or something.

Thanks for the effort guys, I really appreciate it
Quote by bb155558
here is the link
Hmm.. It looks like you might have to open it up. Just be careful if you're going to.
Yeah I guess so , I'll just try not to touch anything I'm not supposed to touch and hope for the better
Quote by bb155558
here is the link
Okay, tell me how it goes!
So.. I opened it up and found out that there was a broken button. From the outside you can see that this pedal is made out of steel but from the inside every thing is made out of cheap plastic, especially the buttons which look easy to break. I welded the plastic to re-attach the button and now everything works perfectly.
If someone faces the same problem you can contact me and I'll be more than happy to show you how you can fix it, it's really easy.

/thread
Quote by bb155558
here is the link
Great! I'm glad you fixed it!
Quote by fly135
If you get some DeOxit or contact cleaner and spray it, then you might be able to free up the button.

^This^

Dont use wd-40
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean