Page 1 of 2
Who drinks the combination of Milk and Red Bull, what is it supposed to do for you? I was on my way walking while I see a grocery bag containing nothing but an empty small gallon of milk and empty Red Bull can, wtf?
Sounds gross. But I don't like Red Bull as it is, so...
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Is white a colour?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Is white a colour?
Is white a tone? If so, does it matter whether or not it's a colour?
Quote by ElectricIndian
small gallon

As opposed to?
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
What does the sound of one hand clapping sound like?

Quote by psyks
Is white a tone? If so, does it matter whether or not it's a colour?

What is a tone?
I drink my own concoction of cocoa, milk and icing sugar. It's pretty much the same thing right? And it tastes way better.
Quote by wahappen
As opposed to?

A gallon sized gallon
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Quote by Kensai
What does the sound of one hand clapping sound like?

Quite a lot of people can one hand clap.

OT: Sounds vile...
Quote by Kensai
What is a tone?
Something which resonates. If white can affect the same way blue can, then the designation of colour is pretty meaningless. Especially given that verisimilitude in art has been rarely sought after since like the 1700's.

Have you read Nathalie Sarraute's 'Tropismes' (1939)? She uses the word tropism (originally a biological term) to describe the inner and involuntary movements of the mind as a reaction to outside stimulus. I like to think of it as quantum psychology. I don't believe she directly referenced colour, but I think the same rules apply if you spin them around a little.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Wait...you actually took Kensai's smartass question seriously?
Please don't interrupt our debate.
Quote by mizxou
if you play a c# upside down, does it make any sound?

I really want to understand this, but I can't.
Could you explain it to me please?
FORZA CATANIA
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
What debate?
The debate that you're not a part of, jerkwad. U jelly?
Quote by guitar ben94
Quite a lot of people can one hand clap.

OT: Sounds vile...

But can they one hand love
??
Quote by psyks
Something which resonates. If white can affect the same way blue can, then the designation of colour is pretty meaningless. Especially given that verisimilitude in art has been rarely sought after since like the 1700's.

Have you read Nathalie Sarraute's 'Tropismes' (1939)? She uses the word tropism (originally a biological term) to describe the inner and involuntary movements of the mind as a reaction to outside stimulus. I like to think of it as quantum psychology. I don't believe she directly referenced colour, but I think the same rules apply if you spin them around a little.

Hm, interesting. Consider this. I mean non-interb?

Because the leaf of the scrotum cannot surpass the physical strength of a human male. I still honestly do no get why people still do that today anyway. We live in 2008..not 1908. The fastest way around town is NO LONGER DRIVING AROUND IN A BMW.

Your thoughts? Opinions?
Quote by psyks

I'm sorry but I can't help myself, would you awfully mind elaborating on that point? I am genuinely interested, not being a prick.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Quote by psyks
The debate that you're not a part of, jerkwad. U jelly?
I'm not?

Dude, seriously. Lighten up.
Quote by Kensai

Hm, interesting. Consider this. I mean non-interb?

Because the leaf of the scrotum cannot surpass the physical strength of a human male. I still honestly do no get why people still do that today anyway. We live in 2008..not 1908. The fastest way around town is NO LONGER DRIVING AROUND IN A BMW.

Your thoughts? Opinions?
Right, right. I believe Voltaire actually mentioned this exact dichotomy both in 'Candide', and 'L'Ingénu' (Although I've only read extracts of the latter)
His discourse and satire of 18th century France was in fact influenced by his seventeen year exile to England and his observation of a functioning constitutional monarchy. In the closing chapter of 'Les grands canards', Voltaire famously delivers the ontology which is so rarely attributed to him "This for all who beget". "ceci pour tous ceux qui m'enmerde".

But I think this is slightly off topic . Do you think the human consciousness has an event horizon so to speak?
Quote by psyks
Right, right. I believe Voltaire actually mentioned this exact dichotomy both in 'Candide', and 'L'Ingénu' (Although I've only read extracts of the latter)
His discourse and satire of 18th century France was in fact influenced by his seventeen year exile to England and his observation of a functioning constitutional monarchy. In the closing chapter of 'Les grands canards', Voltaire famously delivers the ontology which is so rarely attributed to him "This for all who beget". "ceci pour tous ceux qui m'enmerde".

But I think this is slightly off topic . Do you think the human consciousness has an event horizon so to speak?

If I may interject between the two of you, I find this topic very interesting, having conducting several studies on the effects of quantum processes on the human consciousness. Particularly, I concentrated on the role of centrioles and their microtubule components. The results of the studies were astonishing, as I found that, for every centriole division, the fractal age of the Riemann cellular automation decreased according to the equation:

Which is, of course, the harmonic series!

But then again, I'm sure we've all seen The Blue Light. Nothing is really certain if we can't know the radii of the scrotum leaf, and I'm not sure the apathy of today's age lends itself well to innovation or discovery, so we may as well settle for Pythagoras.

Anyways, continue!
Last edited by RedDeath9 at Jul 18, 2011,
Quote by mike_anderson25
I'm sorry but I can't help myself, would you awfully mind elaborating on that point? I am genuinely interested, not being a prick.
I was referencing the Classicism/Baroque dichotomy and the tiered and rapid propulsion that visual art underwent as a result. Of course, verisimilitude is annoyingly multi-meaninged.
If we're talking about a photographic verisimilitude, then one set of the neo-classical ideals kept that in quite primary focus. Light, perspective, form etc...

This is probably my own personal bias, but if we're talking actually likening something to the truth, then this Monet is much more a river than....

this is.

If you ask me, the classical movement was pretty misguided, especially classical theatre. I enjoyed immensely when Victor Hugo echoed my thoughts when he said in his 'préface de cromwell', that the strict rules of classical theatre were absurd in how singular they were. Not every tragedy should have the complacence to play itself out in one room, with one main action, in one day. I feel the same applies to classical art.

So, in a round about way, if we can go back to the topic of colour/tone, then I believe that over the course of the past 400 years or so, the quest for verisimilitude through colour or form or theory has had an alternative proposed through tone.

Of course there are still artists that concern themselves with true verisimilitude through hyper realism and I won't deny that there's most certainly something to it.
Close for instance. Although I would contend that the power of the image doesn't rest in the detail, but the tone the detail assumes.
(Invalid img)

edit: if any of that didn't make sense, then it's not my fault. It's like 2:40 am here.

double edit: just reread what I wrote and it's not very coherent. Please correct me if I got anything wrong. Also, since the main body was barely coherent, I might as well make another argument for tone which is the turn towards oneself and the idea 'Etats d'ames'
during the romantic period. (sorry, I learned all my art history in french and couldn't begin to guess at the correct translations)

Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Dude, seriously. Lighten up.
you can be a part of the debate if you want.
Last edited by psyks at Jul 18, 2011,
Sounds like a new way to make Meth
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Quote by jonathan666666
I really want to understand this, but I can't.
Could you explain it to me please?

one day you'll just know

best not to worry about it now
I had a milk and coke the other day. At first I was like "I'd do this again," but that quickly devolved to "I don't feel so good."
It's quite possible that the two were consumed separately.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by mizxou
one day you'll just know

But I already tried to do it

Also have no idea about milk and Red Bull. I personally only drink Red Bull with vodka.
Quote by triface
Guy: I'm wearing female deodorant.
Girl: My apartment is just upstairs.

My Soundcloud
Good tunes and smiles right here
Quote by mizxou
one day you'll just know

I am going insane. For the love of God, please tell me.
FORZA CATANIA
This thread has gone from milk and red bull to words that I didn't even know made sense with when adjacent to other words.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Red Bull is nasty unless you mix it with Dr. Pepper and bacon grease
you're a stone fox
Page 1 of 2