I have an acoustic-electric Ibanez guitar (exotic wood series). It's not more than 1.5 years old. When I try to do some bending there's horrible friction acting against the bend. I've clean/polish/conditioned my guitar fretboard, and just added new D'Addario EJ16 acoustic strings. It seems the frets are the issue but I dont get how that could happen. Any advice is really appreciated. Thanks.
It can only be the frets because the strings don't actually touch the fretboard - you probably need a fret dress and polish where a luthier files the frets slightly to remove any rough edges, they can wear down over time or sometimes they were never that great to begin with.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
It can only be the frets because the strings don't actually touch the fretboard - you probably need a fret dress and polish where a luthier files the frets slightly to remove any rough edges, they can wear down over time or sometimes they were never that great to begin with.

Do you think polishing the fret(s) with 0000 steel wool would help? I'd like to see if I can repair it myself before taking it to a luthier.