Page 1 of 2
I've never liked this band, but at least they're being honest now. I assume they're planning on selling it? That's kind of stupid. They should at least give it away for free or something. If they aren't selling it, then never mind.
nope, he plans on selling it. he also added an option recently on the checkout page for fatwreck.com to donate a dollar to buy them a beer
If I was in some punk-rock-superband and had a pet giraffe and stuff (that's Fat Mike, right?), I wouldn't just up and sell something like that. What a questionable man.
Last edited by due 07 at Jul 19, 2011,
Quote by █▐▌█▐▌
So it's a novelty record. That's cool by me. Of course it doesn't mean anything to me 'cuz I don't like NOFX.

i wouldn't call it a novelty record if he decides to price it at 10 bucks, with the option for a limited color version for 20. that's an expensive piece of unlistenable wax.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i wouldn't call it a novelty record if he decides to price it at 10 bucks, with the option for a limited color version for 20. that's an expensive piece of unlistenable wax.

How does that make it not a novelty record? Sure it's an expensive piece of unlistenable wax, but it's not like people are gonna buy it expecting something good. Nobody's getting ripped off.
I used to dig these guys. Loads of childhood memories listening to their shit whilst in the car with my dad. Don't know what the deal is now mind
i remember skating to Linoleum in Grind Session.

That's about the only time I liked NOFX
Quote by jakesmellspoo
That sounds like a novelty record to me.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Sometimes I like to listen to listen to them and pretend I'm in an alternate reality in which I liked them when I was 14.

They're a fun band if you ignore the fact that they aren't any good and don't even have a good sense of humor.
i just thought it was funny. and all i get from you guys is *serious face* "sounds like a novelty record to me"
Oh, NOFX is the pun-band? I forgot about that. Well at least they have that going for them.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i just thought it was funny. and all i get from you guys is *serious face* "sounds like a novelty record to me"
How is it not a novelty?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
How is it not a novelty?

yeah, it's a novelty record. my point was... ok, i didn't have a point, like i said i just thought it was humorous. apparently all they release now is novelty music, or was that your point from the beginning?
Quote by jakesmellspoo
yeah, it's a novelty record. my point was... ok, i didn't have a point, like i said i just thought it was humorous. apparently all they release now is novelty music, or was that your point from the beginning?
No.That's not my point at all.
Quote by lookpizza
Since when did novelty have a negative connotation?
I didn't mean it in a negative way.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Oh I thought Jake was getting offended that it got called a novelty.
I'm an asshole.
"hardcore NOFX collectors"
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
NOFX was a band I was into for literally a week. I mean an actual period of 7 days.

They got old THAT fast.
Quote by █▐▌█▐▌
Yeah, I don't think anybody meant it in a negative way, and I don't know what's going on.

neither do i.

Quote by lookpizza
Oh I thought Jake was getting offended that it got called a novelty.

nope, i thought calling it a novelty record was too nice, i was trying to say it's a piece of shit
EDIT: Never mind, I didn't read the article and thought this was about that hardcore punk cover album they were doing.
Last edited by FrauVfromPoB at Jul 21, 2011,
I'm not even surprised that NOFX is pulling a move like this.
Crazier than a fish with titties.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
Grandfather clocks and jizz.
Quote by SKArface McDank
"hardcore NOFX collectors"

One of my friends had a complete NoFX vinyl set, and you would be astonished to how much money that was worth. Got the dude enough money to tour the country for a year.
They just uncovered this record, and we're convinced to sell it by some other Fat Wreck guys (I think). And their still putting out good original music, in my opinion. They still tour and stuff, so just cause Mike decided to sell an old, crappy EP doesn't mean they stopped trying.
Quote by AmericanJesus77
They just uncovered this record, and we're convinced to sell it by some other Fat Wreck guys (I think). And their still putting out good original music, in my opinion. They still tour and stuff, so just cause Mike decided to sell an old, crappy EP doesn't mean they stopped trying.

they have stopped trying, that's what the song 60% is about, and if you've seen them live in the past few years, theres a 50/50 chance fat mike will be in a bad mood and use it as an excuse as to why they suck so much and complain throughout their entire set.
Quote by I_Pwn
One of my friends had a complete NoFX vinyl set, and you would be astonished to how much money that was worth. Got the dude enough money to tour the country for a year.

i made the mistake of not buying the splatter print HOFX EP a few years ago for 40 bucks. i found out when i got home the ebay bids for it were reaching up to 100 bucks
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Back from when I was younger and way less cool I downloaded all their albums and EPs that I could get my hands on (figuratively, you can't touch datas.) And then I went and bought two vinyl EPs. Timmy The Turlte and Liza and Louise I think. Man being 17 rocks. Timmy The Turtle even says that it is a limited pressing of just under 10,000 copies. I will sell it once a member of NOFX dies and its value skyrockets.

I am surprised that no one mentioned that you can hear one of the songs from that EP on their album 45 or 46 Songs That Weren't Good Enough To Go On Our Other Records. The song is "Thalidomide Child" and yeah the word "awful" is pretty succint. They aren't any good and Fat Mike can't even pretend to be able to sing.

I support NOFX finding new ways to line their pockets. The fact that they are literally selling joke punk rock to kids is impressive. People get more pissed off at Green Day being sell-outs while NOFX sells albums they know are terrible. Go NOFX. I hope you all die happily in a pile of drugs and fangirls.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
well we are talkin about nofx who where known for not giving a shit of what the people thout of them......I still love the band tho
Quote by axeslash
I support NOFX finding new ways to line their pockets. The fact that they are literally selling joke punk rock to kids is impressive. People get more pissed off at Green Day being sell-outs while NOFX sells albums they know are terrible. Go NOFX. I hope you all die happily in a pile of drugs and fangirls.

I like all of this.
So this thread title just reminded me. How is it that when the whole "against me! are sellouts" thing was going on, I didn't hear more jokes about them "giving it 35%"?
Because I don't listen to them and therefore this forum is deprived of like 67% of the possible jokes one could make about Against Me!
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Page 1 of 2