I am playing an 06 Gibson Les Paul Standard out of a Peavy Valveking 100 and Ibanez cab. What pedal or setting should I use to create a sound similar to Jimmy Page. I need to pick a pedal at a reasonable price.
You should save up and upgrade your amp and cab. Sorry, but there is no magic pedal (as I've heard it referenced recently) that will transform the tone of a mediocre amp into the tone of thousands of dollars worth of gear.

If you give us a budget though, either actual, or hypothetical if you can save up, we can help you get in a ballpark, possibly even pretty close.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
although yes the guy aboves comment is sort of right, you could get and octave pedal of a fuzz also... they also make pedals for both things a the same time, add some reverb also

Quote by static_music34
your guitar doesn't exist, apparently

good one...
:Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Fender Stratacoustic
Bugera Vintage 5
You'd have to mod the Valveking to hit a Jimmy Page tone.

If you're interested in going down that road...

1) Get rid of the Ibanez cab and get a Marshall or an Orange, or something with Greenbacks.

2) Try the dummy jack trick.

3) Get an equalizer.

4) Mod the gain channel. Visit http://ultimate-guitar-valveking.wikispaces.com for details.

If not, buy an old Supro and a Vox Tonebender. If you want the live tones, get a Marshall Plexi and put KT88s into it.

Or you could get a Jet City 50 or 100w head, they're hot-rodded Marshally type amps.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Jul 19, 2011,
You are essentially looking for a Plexi in a box. Look up Rothwell overdrives/distortions. There are other options; too lazy to continue.
I'd look into Tonebender MKII's
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
Quote by LEPIV
I'd look into Tonebender MKII's

^^ this. Theres some vids of Page talking about the one he uses. You can build one yourself if you can't find one.
Quote by dont stop rock
I am playing an 06 Gibson Les Paul Standard out of a Peavy Valveking 100 and Ibanez cab. What pedal or setting should I use to create a sound similar to Jimmy Page. I need to pick a pedal at a reasonable price.

which page sound? seems like you should be able to get a reasonable Zep tone out of the setup you use now. what is lacking?