Hey.
Ive been trying to trade my tele for a while, and i finally got an offer i like on it. Its An Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty, 3 Hum. I have read a couple things about them saying that there are a lot of people who sell fake copies of these on ebay. And the man who owns the guitar wouldnt answer any questions directly, he just linked me to an ebay add. I looked up the serial number here and it came up with info on the guitar. The serial is EE06095653. But one thing that scares me is that the nameplate on the guitar headstock says "Les Paul Custom" instead of "Gibson" like the pictures at Guitar Center. So this piece is not origional. I just dont want to get ripped off, and i want to know if this is a legit guitar. I can give you link to the ebay add if you would like. Thanks for the help.
Rock On!!!

Schecter C-1 Custom FR (Prototype)
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Taylor 510ce
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez SRX705
Epiphone Les Pauls are not made in the USA, and Gibson Les Pauls are. If you have an Epiphone, it will not say Gibson on it anywhere, unless of course it has a Gibson custom shop sticker, which is fairly common because Epiphone is somewhat of a sister company to Gibson.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
The older ones did say 'Gibson' on the Trussrodcover, the newer ones don't.

The Fake thing has started later....(mostly)

get pics?
Thank you guys for the help, but unfortunately the guy traded it for a different tele. I guess i didnt jump on the deal quick enough, i would have really liked that guitar. Thanks again.
Rock On!!!

Schecter C-1 Custom FR (Prototype)
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Taylor 510ce
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez SRX705