alright, so sometime last week, my guitar dropped string side down as I was standing onto a hard, concrete floor. Now, the neck pickup is active very strangely.

I opened up the toggle switch backplate and checked the soldering points of the wires. They all looked fine and so I went to test out my guitar again. So I went to my 2 channel amp, one clean one distorted, I discovered the problem more indepth. While on the overdrive/distorted channel, my bridge pickup would sound distorted, but when I would switch it to the neck pickup, it would revert to a clean sound. Keep in mind my volume and tone controls are at max. Now, when I switch the amp over to the clean channel, my bridge pickup plays a clean tone, but when I switch over to my neck pickup, it doesn't play at all. But wait there's more!

So now, when I put my amp on the clean channel, which is where the neck pickup doesn't play at all, when I place my thumb at a certain point where the neck pickup wire meets the toggle switch soldering, and give it a light push, the neck pickup suddenly starts working again. When the thumb comes off, it stops working again. Then I tried the same thing with a pick, making sure to press down on the right spot in the same fashion, it doesn't work either. And that's where I gave up.

I know its a pretty long read, but I really need some help to figure out what is going on here. I already examined the solder points and they were all intact and fine so the connection's not a problem. Please, I would really like to see if I can fix this myself before I bring it to guitar center and pay to have them fix it for me. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
see here is the problem. you dropped your guitar on the floor and now it does not love you anymore simple as that.
Internet trolls are like sap in trees. sticky and annoying, but good on pancakes.
the answer is "bad ground"... but without knowing what guitar, what kind of pickups, what bridge Its hard to assess the problem more directly.

when you touched the pot with your finger you grounded the circuit, so it worked. the pick is electrically insulative, so it didnt ground the circuit.
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
it sounds like it gave your pots a good jerk, and damaged the connection at at least that one.

do you have a soldering iron? id resolder that pot if you can. if its the body of the pot you have to push on then it could be something inside the pot and you may need a new pot
Quote by kolonelkadat
the answer is "bad ground"... but without knowing what guitar, what kind of pickups, what bridge Its hard to assess the problem more directly.

when you touched the pot with your finger you grounded the circuit, so it worked. the pick is electrically insulative, so it didnt ground the circuit.

Yea I kinda figured that about the touching finger part, which is why I was testing it with the pick since it was made of plastic.

As for guitar, its an Epiphone Les Paul 100 that I got from a friend. I'm pretty sure the neck pickup is stock, but I've been told by a couple people that my bridge pickup had been replaced with some kind of different pickup. It has a tune-o-matic bridge i think.
Current/Main Gear
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
Quote by xadioriderx
it sounds like it gave your pots a good jerk, and damaged the connection at at least that one.

do you have a soldering iron? id resolder that pot if you can. if its the body of the pot you have to push on then it could be something inside the pot and you may need a new pot

n00b question I know, but what's a pot? I've seen that term around here for a bit
Current/Main Gear
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
a "pot" is a potentiometer. its what the volume and tone controls are.
I would say it is the toggle switch that is damaged because I had the same problem. It could probably be a fixable one like mine was. I took mine to the tech and had it fixed for 10$.
Quote by kolonelkadat
a "pot" is a potentiometer. its what the volume and tone controls are.

thanks but I'm pretty sure its not those that are the problem cause while I have my neck pickup on when my amp is on the 2nd/distorted channel, the volume and tone controls still function normally
Current/Main Gear
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
oops misread first post... pot/switch whatever lol. still seems like a bad connection.