My Bugera 333-212 which was bought new on Saturday has suddenly just died today. It's been working fine up until today, including a 6 hour rehearsal session on Sunday. However, today I was playing at a bedroom level, when suddenly I lost a lot of volume, heard a high pitched squealing and lost power. Now the amp won't power up again. As soon as it started squealing I turned it off.

Nothing appears to have gone wrong, there was no burning smell, the transformers and tubes look intact. I checked the fuse and that also appears intact, however I can't actually see the fuse wire though the casing is alright. Tried a different plug socket and theres still no response

I haven't changed any settings in terms of output impedance/bias select since I got the amp, they've remained at factory settings (16 ohm output/6L6 biased), so I don't think that's caused the problem.

Any ideas guys? There aren't any of the 333's left in Perth and I don't want to have to wait a few weeks for an amp I bought on Sunday.

Thanks in advance

Also, no need for the Bugera flaming. I realise this is pretty ironic but I'm pissed off as it is.
sounds like u got a microphonic tube
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
There have been times with my Marshall that the fuse didn't look busted but I put a new one in and it worked fine. Sad day though. Hope it's nothing major
Would probably be smarter to return the amp and have the retailer fix it then to try to do it yourself. It shouldn't have problems after 3 days.
You likely blew a tube.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Sputnik1
Would probably be smarter to return the amp and have the retailer fix it then to try to do it yourself. It shouldn't have problems after 3 days.

I'm going to take it back tomorrow, but if it's just the fuse that's gone I can change that myself. However if its the tubes, they should be covered by warranty yes? They are the factory stock tubes so I'd assume they are.
Quote by Dan_5893
I'm going to take it back tomorrow, but if it's just the fuse that's gone I can change that myself. However if its the tubes, they should be covered by warranty yes? They are the factory stock tubes so I'd assume they are.

It's possible. Hopefully they can do it and save you the expense.
Take it back to the store. If they try and charge you for anything tell them the ACCC will have other ideas. I know most places will say tubes are not under warranty but under Australian law a manufacturer must provide a product which meets certain standards.

An amp failing within a week falls well short of these standards and they need to bear the costs. You will probably have to wait a while for it to be fixed though so if that's a problem just get your money back and buy a different amp.
Damn, should have got the fire insurance eh?

Anyways, I think you have bad power tubes. Chances are, the tubes were arching and that probably took the fuse with it when you tried to start it up again.

Just take it back to the shop. Warranty or not, shops will usually sort you out if an amp dies in under a week. No point spending money to troubleshoot and solve something that the store should have in working order when the amp was sold to you.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Alright, at least petrol is cheaper tomorrow Trip to Cannington it is then. Hopefully they can sort it out before Sunday because I kinda need the amp back by then - The VT15 won't cut it for recording unfortunately.

Cheers folks.
Quote by Dan_5893

Fuses always blow for a reason. It's typically because a tube blew out and is now drawing too much current because of a short.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
That's what I figured but I was just making sure nothing else could have occurred. We've had fuses blow in other appliances due to things like the tumble dryer drawing too much current on the same circuit before though
Alright, update. Took it to the shop, replaced fuse. Appears that the 1st 6L6 has blown, so they've sent it off to be replaced/checked over under warranty, since the store doesn't carry any tubes normally. Should hopefully have it back within a week or two.
sounds like you bought a bugera.

but at least their warranty is good.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
sounds like you bought a bugera.

but at least their warranty is good.

I'd argue that you're buying a Bugera for the warranty, not the amp. Once the warranty expires, you're pretty much playing Russian Roulette.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Well put it this way, the guy the store I buy from gets to do their repairs does a comprehensive service on all the amps. They had a 333 in a few months ago, came back, no plastic clips, completely rebiased and retubed At least it's happened with 362 days of Warranty left.
so how long was the amp out for?

should probably get one for backup wen the other one is away huh.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Well, this weekend I'm playing bass so it's kinda fortunate it's gone this week. They reckon it could be between a week and a month though, but if it's just a retube then they'll probably have it done before the end of the month.

Saying that, they may have to send it to the warehouse which is over east, that'll put it closer to a month.
Something like a Pod which can go direct to PA is always a good idea to have around when the faeces hits the rotary oscillator.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )