Hey guys, I'm new to being a member on this site but i knew this was the place to go to get help deciding between a couple guitars. Im currently looking for a second electric guitar and would like to keep it on a low budget. I've seen Xaviere guitars advertised and well reviewed in Guitar Player magazine and have decided to give them a shot. I already have a MIM Fender Strat, and am looking for something with more of a two pick up set up and preferably a semi hollowbody guitar. I really like the ES-335 style but I think the semi-hollow Tele's are cool as well. So here's the two I'm stuck between, please give me some input!!! Thanks

Option 1

Option 2
It's on cheap guitar vs another. It's just preference, do you want a tele or a semi-hollow? No one here can make that decision for you.
Well I know they're both cheap, I stated that at the beginning of my post. I just want to know what look people prefer, not that it matters, I just wanted a positive input from someone.
Quote by FenderGuy7893
Well I know they're both cheap, I stated that at the beginning of my post. I just want to know what look people prefer, not that it matters, I just wanted a positive input from someone.

I guess I don't understand. I just get whatever guitar looks best to me, screw everyone else. I have an RG770DX in laser blue that I think is one of these coolest guitars I've ever seen in my life, and I can't ever get sick of looking at it. People have told me it's too flashy or it looks like a clown guitar. Screw them, they can be happy playing a Les paul or a Strat because it's traditional or whatever, all that matters in the end is how well it plays and sounds.
Ok. But just tell me though, hypothetically speaking, you are in my situation. You want to buy a low budget guitar and you're between the two. Which would you pick?
I would say the tele, is my preference, but a tele without an ash body isn't something I'd commit to. And P90s are sex. So I say the semi-hollow ES 335.

But honestly, if I was in your situation, I'd go for a mim tele. Look around for a used one that plays and sounds good.

Edit: nvm, it may not be easy to find a semi hollow mim tele used. But, Squier Classic Vibe makes one and it's pretty sweet.
Last edited by W4RP1G at Jul 19, 2011,
If you're a "fenderguy" go with the tele. But speaking as a p90 noob, these pups are motherfrickin' sweet! Both guitars look like slick learner guitars so it really doesn't matter.
Quote by lucky1978
If you're a "fenderguy" go with the tele. But speaking as a p90 noob, these pups are motherfrickin' sweet! Both guitars look like slick learner guitars so it really doesn't matter.

Yeah thats pretty much how I feel. I'm almost leaning towards the Tele, as of now, and will just wait for another time to buy a 335-style guitar.