So I have a Behringer US600 pitch shifter pedal and I have noticed when it is powered by a battery it's fine but when powered by the adapter that came with the pedal it has a noticeable hum. Is this normal?
Yeah, sounds like the power adapter doesn't have the proper filtering or there is something wrong with it. Try a Boss adapter or the 1spot like mentioned.
Quote by shoted
So I have a Behringer US600 pitch shifter pedal and I have noticed when it is powered by a battery it's fine but when powered by the adapter that came with the pedal it has a noticeable hum. Is this normal?

Thread soon to be titled behringer pedal smoking/ on fire.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by wobneb
try a new pedal

Helpful. I have never had a probelm with behringer pedals, but whe I have used a multi power supply that doesn't have isolated outputs most the pedals got a bit hummy. Try using seperate power supplies, or getting something like the Gator GBus8 where the outputs are isolated, this should cut the noise down.
Mine did that when I added the Octaver between Chorus and Noise Filter, but quit when the Noise Filter was dropped out. I was the only one who heard it, but seemed like a really high whistle. Quite now.
I think there are little demons hiding in there just to annoy us.
same thing happens when my digitech digidely is in my loop with daisychain... onespot may or may not work for u. didnt for me. get the gator menioned earlier.
I don't think the GBus8 has isolated outputs and it's really nothing more than an 1spot in an enclosure. You would want something like the Pedal Power 2. Make sure the company says it has isolated outputs. I think the BBE SupaCharger has isolated outputs and it's cheaper.