how hard is it to wire pickups in a guitar? rather than pay some 1 to do it for me i would like to do it myself, is it near impossible without being trained or is it manageable using the internet
If you have generally any knowledge of soldering, and can follow an easy schematic, easy as hell.
Where's Waldo?
the hardest part is choosing how you want them wired. the actual work is easy. just be careful your screwdriver doesnt slip while removing panels or pickguards, and if the pickguard (like on a strat or something) isnt coming all the way off because of some wires, make sure its not scratching the body while set aside.
soldering is a good thing to learn, and not hard, the only time i would be hesitant doing it is on a hollow or semihollow with no access panel, so it all has to be done through the sound holes
Have a go......it's not that hard. A wee bit at a time while taking your time and you'll be fine.
Be careful not to melt the sheathing of nearby cables by mistake
If you haven't soldered before, practice on spare wire. Read about how to recognize cold solder joints. Be willing to re-do your work several times. Dont cut your wires too short. Good wire is not expensive, its a lot easier to work with than free stuff you pulled out of a whatever it was.
If 9 year old Chinese children can do it for budget guitar factories, so can you.
Quote by Seref
If 9 year old Chinese children can do it for budget guitar factories, so can you.

+1
Actually, small hands might help with holding small wires!
Quote by chadreed32
If you have generally any knowledge of soldering, and can follow an easy schematic, easy as hell.

Does general knowing means''if i stick that thing in metal, its gonna melt'' ?
Quote by n1ckn1ce
Does general knowing means''if i stick that thing in metal, its gonna melt'' ?

Almost
Where's Waldo?