as a B string? I tried using a 10 gauge E string and its looser than a whale's female private part. Can I use a 17G string without it snapping as a B normally a 13?
maybe but the tension is gonna be horrible, and i dont see any good reason to do it. i recommend just using a normal gauge of string.
i know a guy who used a .017 set, so 017 as the high e string. the low E tuner broke because that string had too much tension. but I think that you could use it as a B string without any breaking. there will be a lot of tension though so it may be quite hard to play
^Especially when bending.. Why won't you get like a 014 for it? They don't cost that much really..
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Sakke
^Especially when bending.. Why won't you get like a 014 for it? They don't cost that much really..

Cant visit the shop until the weekend and I'm desperate to keep working on the stairway to heaven solo, ill give it a shot
I destroyed my nut doing that
Gear:
-Squier Bullet Strat

DUNLOP CRY BABY

-Peavey ValveKing 212
The nut on your guitar will likely have pre-cut grooves into the nut for each string + the typical size used (9s or 10s) by putting a G-string where your B should be you'll likely expand the B string groove in the nut a fair bit which can cause issues with tuning stability etc for that string. Just be patient, wait until the weekend and get a new set of strings.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by SurfinWithSatch
The nut on your guitar will likely have pre-cut grooves into the nut for each string + the typical size used (9s or 10s) by putting a G-string where your B should be you'll likely expand the B string groove in the nut a fair bit which can cause issues with tuning stability etc for that string. Just be patient, wait until the weekend and get a new set of strings.

I already put it on and its fine, just a bit tight, but I'll remember this for the future
go on the internet and buy a pack of strings with first class delivery