Hey
Does anyone here have any experience with either/both pedals and could help me choose between them? For me, it's either get the Zoom G9 now or save up for the Line 6 pod X3 live.
I loved the Zoom G7 when i had one, but now i'm getting a new pedal i'm wondering which of the Line 6 or Zoom G9 to get!
Cheers
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Hd300.

+1000

The Line 6 X3 Live has bin replaced by them.

Or one of the Digitech RP's.

The only reason you would get one of the 2 you mentioned, is only when you can get them for dirt cheap. And even then, the used market is already full of HDx00's.
The majority of reviews i've seen around on the Line 6 HD's aren't that great! :O Maybe their reviewing the wrong thing! For example : http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_effects/line_6/pod_hd300/index.html

If it WAS out of the Zoom G9 or Line 6 POD x3 live, which would you choose?
Primarily i'm going to be recording via usb with it, but ofc would like something gig friendly too!
Cheers!

Btw, my style of playing is around the likes of Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, John Petrucci......with heavier stuff like Metallica and Lamb of God too! (if it makes any difference at all!)
I know with the Line6 (I have that model) you can download user patches that emulate the above individuals. I can get a tone extremely close to Satch merely by cranking the gain on one of the patches already there (of course, I also have a JS2400 and a Peavey mini-colossal to help in that regard). It's a good 'live' pedal, but as someone mentioned, it was discontinued. I'm not sure the quality of sound of the new models vs. this one and so I cannot comment on that, but you should be able to get a used one for $300 no problem.
Look at the digitech rp1000. It sounds great and has tons of great features and effects. Take a look http://www.digitech.com/en-US/products/rp1000
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Jul 19, 2011,
If it HAD to be either of those, then the X3 Live by far. If you get one that's updated (or you update) to the latest firmware, then even better! While it's outdated, the only thing that matches up to the customization in it is the HD500, because the 3/400 are pretty limited in comparison.
Quote by s3r3nitys33k3r3
I'd buy poop from him.
Digitech RP100 does look amazing...but a bit out of my budget at almost £400....unless i can find one 2nd hand!
In what ways does a Line 6 Pod X3 Live beat a Zoom G9?
Cheers!
What about the rp500? It's $100 cheaper.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by Zoofie
In what ways does a Line 6 Pod X3 Live beat a Zoom G9?
Cheers!
The preset editing software on the Line 6 is very good and works with USB. You will need a separate MIDI connection with the G9 to use a software editor. And I don't even recall if the editor for the G9 was any good.

The X3 Live has two amp paths. You can even run a mic through one audio path and your guitar through another. So if you were playing or recording live you can support the mic at the same time as the guitar.

The only reason that I can think of to prefer the G9 is the dual pedals.