Page 1 of 2
Anyone else sick of hearing about this thing?
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

I'll tell you what frustrates me about this "issue" and all the attention it's getting.

Our country, hell the entire global economy is dying of cancer. As it lies dying, spitting blood and convulsing, it is complaining of a headache.

The headache of course results from the cancer and the convulsions, and impending death is simply making it worse.

...and we're arguing with the nurse OVER A ****ING TYLENOL!!!!!

I'm done listening to how they can't agree with each other because they're all being assholes, but it's a damn important issue. Isn't August 3rd the final day?
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
I'll tell you what frustrates me about this "issue" and all the attention it's getting.

Our country, hell the entire global economy is dying of cancer. As it lies dying, spitting blood and convulsing, it is complaining of a headache.

The headache of course results from the cancer and the convulsions, and impending death is simply making it worse.

...and we're arguing with the nurse OVER A ****ING TYLENOL!!!!!

Well aren't we optimistic
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Well maybe this will work better:

THE ENTIRE HOUSE IS COLLAPSING UNDER ITS OWN WEIGHT BECAUSE OF TERMITES...

And the husband and wife are arguing about who is going to run to Wal-Mart to buy a flyswatter.

We can save the economy from cancer by doing absolutely nothing.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Well maybe this will work better:

THE ENTIRE HOUSE IS COLLAPSING UNDER ITS OWN WEIGHT BECAUSE OF TERMITES...

And the husband and wife are arguing about who is going to run to Wal-Mart to buy a flyswatter.

I don't see a connection here
Quote by Zeletros
I don't see a connection here

That's because you're an idiot.

Quote by Bubonic Chronic
That's because you're an idiot.

Really now?

The average weight of a termite is about 2.1 mg, how much termites would you think would be necessary for a house to actually collapse?

I bet more in size than the house is.
I'm tired of our government being run by assholes. Republicans and Democrats citizens have already realized that both sides have to give and take if they want to fix the country. It's the politicians who don't have to worry about if they don't have a job. they get paid so much that you could last a lot longer unemployed than the average person.

I think we may as well cut their salary so they remember what their job is.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Zeletros
Really now?

The average weight of a termite is about 2.1 mg, how much termites would you think would be necessary for a house to actually collapse?

The house doesn't collapse because of the weight of the termites.

The house collapses UNDER ITS OWN WEIGHT, which I already mentioned.

Like I said, I have my doubts about your ever being inducted to MENSA.

Quote by BladeSlinger
I'm tired of our government being run by assholes. Republicans and Democrats citizens have already realized that both sides have to give and take if they want to fix the country. It's the politicians who don't have to worry about if they don't have a job. they get paid so much that you could last a lot longer unemployed than the average person.

I think we may as well cut their salary so they remember what their job is.

Exactly!

And why is it that it is automatically GAME OVER any time I attempt to have a conversation with a conservative?

If I express remotely liberal views I get the SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP response..

I wonder where that comes from? (Bill O'Reilly)

Quote by Bubonic Chronic
The house doesn't collapse because of the weight of the termites.

The house collapses UNDER ITS OWN WEIGHT, which I already mentioned.

Like I said, I have my doubts about your ever being inducted to MENSA.

Then I don't see why would anyone worry about termites.

And a house collapsing under it own weight can't really exist, because it would collapse the moment/before it is built
Quote by 100%guitarmad
I am in this thread, yet I am not aware of the relevance of any of the posts to anything I have ever known.

Really?

Have you ever known anyone who has lost a job?

Have any of your dozens of relatives been among the 1:2 proportion to die of cancer?

Have you ever been to a house that is not in perfect condition?

Do you know what a metaphor is?

Quote by Zeletros

And a house collapsing under it own weight can't really exist, because it would collapse the moment/before it is built

No man. The structure of the house has been weakened over time by termites eating the wooden supports in it.
So it gets to the point where it can't support itself and collapses under it's own weight.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Exactly!

And why is it that it is automatically GAME OVER any time I attempt to have a conversation with a conservative?

If I express remotely liberal views I get the SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP response..

I wonder where that comes from? (Bill O'Reilly)

Look at their politicians. The Republicans don't give a shit about if the country defaults, or enough don't I should say. They'd rather **** over Obama at all costs. There are some Republican congressmen and senators who know what's going on.

It's not that people are conservative that makes them that way, it's that stupid people are attracted to conservative views. Just like self absorbed, arrogant people are attracted to liberal views. I know smart conservatives and others who are idiots but hide behind their political affiliation.

Quote by Zeletros

You've never seen wood eating termites apparently.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Jul 19, 2011,
It's funny because the US doesn't have anything close to being identified as a debt "crisis". Neither does Britain.

It's an excuse for John Boehner and David Cameron to cut back on public services to allow greater tax breaks for the big firms and wealthy individuals.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Its still hair, you know.
Quote by Zeletros
Really now?

I'm not sure you get how termites work...

The little buggers eat wood. If you don't deal with them, sooner or later, your house collapses.

Quote by radomu
It's funny because the US doesn't have anything close to being identified as a debt "crisis". Neither does Britain.
Because the debt being at 100% and 50% of their country's GDP isn't a crisis...

Don't be deluded.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jul 19, 2011,
"I'm sick of hearing about this! Guess I'll start a discussion on it."
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by radomu

It's an excuse for John Boehner and David Cameron to cut back on public services to allow greater tax breaks for the big firms and wealthy individuals.

It's not a debt crisis. It's a deficit problem... apparently.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Really?

Have you ever known anyone who has lost a job?

Have any of your dozens of relatives been among the 1:2 proportion to die of cancer?

Have you ever been to a house that is not in perfect condition?

Do you know what a metaphor is?

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) No
4) Yes
5) Yes
Quote by SG_dave
It's not a debt crisis. It's a deficit problem... apparently.
Because the two are not related...
It's not arguing over Tylenol, they're arguing over important stuff. If we default on our debt then we're screwed.

The best comparison is a due date for a credit card bill is coming up and a couple can't decide what they should cut out of their budget to pay it. The biggest country in the world can't just not pay their bills, and the argument about the debt ceiling is someone proposing to just raise how much we can legally borrow and borrow more to pay. This is rediculous because it's like suggesting to pay a credit card bill with another credit card.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Last edited by tayroar at Jul 19, 2011,
So I think I read somewhere that military is 40% of the US budget? If that's true then why are we arguing over the little things instead of just trimming that, even temporarily?

Quote by tayroar
This is rediculous because it's like suggesting to pay a credit card bill with another credit card.

Wouldn't it be like paying off the bill with the same credit card, impossible?
Last edited by Fullmetalzawa at Jul 19, 2011,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Because the debt being at 100% and 50% of their country's GDP isn't a crisis...

Don't be deluded.

It isn't. People, from governments to banks, are climbing over each other to buy US bonds. Like British government bonds, US bonds have a Triple AAA rating.

Judging by how the right-wing parties in both of those nations are reacting to the debt, it's pretty clear that they themselves aren't at all concerned about it. If they were, the Republicans would be pushing for cutting the military, ending the wars, pulling out of many of the foreign bases, and weakening the pharmaceutical patent protections to reduce medicare & medicaid spending by a large amount. They would be increasing revenue by just adding a few percent on the tax rate for top earners. They will be investigating and cracking down on tax evasion cases by firms like Genera Electric.

Britain would be doing the same, such as raising revenue and closing tax havens abroad and domestic. The coalition government isn't interested in that too.

I'm from Japan. Do you know how much debt we have? 225% of our GDP, and "cutting the deficit" hasn't even been the main issue at hand, especially now that Japan has to spend a lot more money to rebuild the North-East and fix the nuclear reactor crisis. People still buy our bonds even today.

What happens when you know that you have a debt crisis at hand is when the central banks are reacting by driving up interest rates. Japan, despite having the largest rate of debt to GDP, has one of the lowest interest rate in the world. The US and UK are pretty close too. As opposed to that, Zimbabwe has the highest. They're about to become the poorest country in the world because of their massive inflation, super-high interest rates, and massive debt (that they can't pay off).
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Last edited by radomu at Jul 19, 2011,
Quote by radomu
It isn't. People, from governments to banks, are climbing over each other to buy US bonds. Like British government bonds, US bonds have a Triple AAA rating.

Judging by how the right-wing parties in both of those nations are reacting to the debt, it's pretty clear that they themselves aren't at all concerned about it. If they were, the Republicans would be pushing for cutting the military, ending the wars, pulling out of many of the foreign bases, and weakening the pharmaceutical patent protections to reduce medicare & medicaid spending by a large amount. They would be increasing revenue by just adding a few percent on the tax rate for top earners. They will be investigating and cracking down on tax evasion cases by firms like Genera Electric.

Britain would be doing the same, such as raising revenue and closing tax havens abroad and domestic. The coalition government isn't interested in that too.

I'm from Japan. Do you know how much debt we have? 225% of our GDP, and "cutting the deficit" hasn't even been the main issue at hand, especially now that Japan has to spend a lot more money to rebuild the North-East and fix the nuclear reactor crisis. People still buy our bonds even today.

Yeah people are after our bonds now, but if we default on our bills our bonds are greatly devalued.
Quote by tayroar
Yeah people are after our bonds now, but if we default on our bills our bonds are greatly devalued.

They are after your bonds because they damn well know that you won't default.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by Fullmetalzawa
So I think I read somewhere that military is 40% of the US budget? If that's true then why are we arguing over the little things instead of just trimming that, even temporarily?

Wouldn't it be like paying off the bill with the same credit card, impossible?

Well, we are suggesting borrowing from another country to pay China. Also the reason we haven't cut the obvious (Social Security, Defense, and Medicair) is because those groups have huge lobbys and to cut Social Security or Medicair is to lose the elderly vote and to cut defense loses military vote and a lot of militant Republicans. We know what we need to cut, but noone wants to make a suggestion because they lose the votes of who these cuts affect. It's the problem with a democracy, everyone has to people please and can't do their job for fear of losing it.

Quote by radomu
They are after your bonds because they damn well know that you won't default.

That's what the argument's over though. If we don't have this figured out by August 3rd we've defaulted. I'm sure we'll have it figured out on August 3rd, but that's the worry.
Last edited by tayroar at Jul 19, 2011,
Last night on Craig Ferguson's show Geoff said that "it was so hot in Washington that the government had to install a fan on the debt ceiling."
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by radomu

What happens when you know that you have a debt crisis at hand is when the central banks are reacting by driving up interest rates. Japan, despite having the largest rate of debt to GDP, has one of the lowest interest rate in the world. The US and UK are pretty close too. As opposed to that, Zimbabwe has the highest. They're about to become the poorest country in the world because of their massive inflation, super-high interest rates, and massive debt (that they can't pay off).
You don't get it.
Quote by Zeletros

There's probably some weird existentialist, philisophical debate there, collapsing BEFORE it is buit...
Page 1 of 2