Hey everyone, I just bought a new guitar (Schecter PT Custom) and I'm loving everything other than the pickups. They're Duncan Designed. I was thinking of buying Bareknuckles however I'm kind of poor and would probably only be able to afford one, and I'd rather have a full set. I'm looking for some good pickups for high gain metal/hardcore. I like very middy punchy tones. I'm open to any suggestions, and I'm alright with buying used or ordering online. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Active or passive?

I would suggest looking into DiMarzio X2N and D-Activator-X pups, passive, perfect for metal
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
I would prefer passives. How's the crunch lab in comparison to the X2N and D-Activator-X?
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by gucio93
I would prefer passives. How's the crunch lab in comparison to the X2N and D-Activator-X?

Lest put it this way - X2N is the highest output passive pickup in existence

Crunch lab is will do fine i guess, but two i previously mentioned are have way more output
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
Metal pickups? Thats a tough one...

Dimarzio:

Super Distortion
Dactivator
Tone Zone
Steve Special
Evolution
PAF PRO
X2n
Super 3
Dsonic
Crunch Lab

Seymour Duncan:

JB
Screamin' Demon
Duncan Distortion
Dimebucker
Custom Custom
Invader
Blackouts
Livewire
Full shred

Take your pick.....
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
You don't need output in a pickup if you have a high-gain amp. At all. Since you appear to have a 5150 you could put a low output strat through that and still have more gain than you will ever need.

The crunch lab is a really good pickup, super aggressive and really articulate, I'm thinking about buying one to put in one of my 6 strings. I would definitely recommend you give one a shot if you want a really middy, snarly kind of tone from your guitar.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You don't need output in a pickup if you have a high-gain amp. At all. Since you appear to have a 5150 you could put a low output strat through that and still have more gain than you will ever need.

The crunch lab is a really good pickup, super aggressive and really articulate, I'm thinking about buying one to put in one of my 6 strings. I would definitely recommend you give one a shot if you want a really middy, snarly kind of tone from your guitar.

That sounds like what I'm aiming for. Any suggestions on what I could use in the neck to compliment the crunch lab?
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by gucio93
That sounds like what I'm aiming for. Any suggestions on what I could use in the neck to compliment the crunch lab?

Depends, the obvious suggestion is the liquifire, it's nowhere near as aggressive but it compliments it well in my opinion, just as articulate but much more smooth and rounded, even for a neck pickup. Really though, the answer depends on what you want out of the neck pickup.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.