ive been on here for several months, and i get PM's that show up in my control panel, and in the top right where it shows unread and total PM's, like all forums have.

but then if you click on your username, it takes you to the area with your visitors wall an contributions and stuff, and click "send message" (like youre sending one to yourself), and then click inbox, you have a second PM box that has different messages? i have 39 here, and 2 there. the ones in my profile page (not comments on my visitors wall), i got no notifications for so theyre like a month old.

does everyone else know that we have 2 PM boxes and not just one? lol
Last edited by xadioriderx at Jul 19, 2011,
this is because back in the day, UG did not have the profiles part of the site, so the PM system in the forum was the only ones they had. then sometime in '07 i believe they added the Profiles, so that is why the separate PM system in the profiles is there.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
it doesn't seem like a lot of people use the forum PM system though, i've never gotten or sent any from there anyway. though maybe some of the guys from the old days still do it out of habit.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
ive been on sooo many forums, and only ever had the one built into vbulletin, so thats what i use here so far,
i was just curious because i messaged one of the mods, and i must have messaged him from there after going through his profile, because he replied there and i just got it now a month later lol

i could see if i was going to message someone and looked at their profile how someone would click on that 'send message' and not realize its different (hence, i did )