Hello, I'm a left-handed beginner, I'm looking for a guitar that can handle Heavy riffs and still sound smooth on solos, my budget's 600$ my influences are:
Avenged Sevenfold & Sonic Syndicate .

any suggestions?
thanks.
Last edited by staybrutal94 at Jul 19, 2011,
Something from Schecter, since all of their guitars are available lefty. They're also popular for heavier music.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by redandwhite12
I'm not really the best guy to recommend something for metalcore but other people will want to know your budget, if you want to go used, bridge style, and maybe some examples of bands and tones you like before they make a recommendation.

My budget is 600$, my influences are Avenged Sevenfold & Slipknot but I'm more influenced by Avenged sevenfold than any other band
An esp ec-...... Something? They have a lot of different ones.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Yeah a schecter or esp will be good. just go to GC or some other store and try out their lefties. the main sound for metalcore will come from your amp though
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
What amp do you have? EMG's seem to be popular with metalcore bands, unsure about A7X or sonic syndacate. Pretty sure Slipknot uses EMG's. EMG's sound better with a tube amp than a solid-state amp, which is why I asked.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Well A7X use Schechter, so that may be a good place to start.

[post="27275574"]Gibson SG Angus Sig[/post]
I will tell you something. If you haven't started learning yet. Learn right handed, it will make things much easier for you.
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka

TS look for a 2nd hand LTD MH1000/400/401

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0

TS look for a 2nd hand LTD MH1000/400/401

THIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

LTD's are great for the price. You get a lot of high end features at a low price... That's why I like em over a lot of other brands
Quote by AWACS
What amp do you have? EMG's seem to be popular with metalcore bands, unsure about A7X or sonic syndacate. Pretty sure Slipknot uses EMG's. EMG's sound better with a tube amp than a solid-state amp, which is why I asked.

I'm using a marshal amp, /w 81/85 emg the question is which guitar is best for this set up (i can change the amp)
Last edited by staybrutal94 at Jul 19, 2011,
Quote by staybrutal94
I'm using a marshal amp, /w 81/85 emg the question is which guitar is best for this set up (i can change the amp)

Actually, Avenged Sevenfold uses Seymoure Duncan ACTIVE pickups. Oh, and snag a tube amp
Quote by TSells
Actually, Avenged Sevenfold uses Seymoure Duncan ACTIVE pickups. Oh, and snag a tube amp

They do not use actives. Syn uses SH-8 Custom Invaders And a sustaniac in one of his guitars. Neither of them uses active pickups
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Quote by JonnyH
I will tell you something. If you haven't started learning yet. Learn right handed, it will make things much easier for you.

Not true. I'm left handed, tried learning right handed, SUCKED playing, learned it left handed. You would have more choice, but lefty feels more natural.
schecter, esp good ways to go my epiphone lp custom handles trivium, a7x pretty well so I'd look at that as well.