Alright, I made a thread about this a few weeks back asking whether I should get a new bridge; now I have it narrowed down to these two:

TonePro's Metric with Large Posts

TonePro's T3BT

My question: Which one should I get, and what's the difference between the two? They're both the same price (for the black), but the first one says it is identical to stock bridges and the T3BT is a "Nashville Style" bridge... WTF is a Nashville Style bridge? All I want is a locking drop in replacement bridge, I didn't think it'd be this confusing.

Thanks in advance.
^The intonation screws are on the pickup side on ALL of my TOM equipped guitars... I'm sure that can't be the only difference?
Quote by ethan_hanus
Really? I would imagine that having the intonation screws on the bridge side would be more convenient.

It's pretty necessary on some hollowbodies because the strings would block access between the bridge and tailpiece. But why they do it that way on other guitars is beyond me.
I just bought the metric w/ large posts TonePros bridge/tailpiece set for my Eclipse and it's just fine. All you seem to need is the bridge, though, so I'd just go with the metric one. I honestly don't know the difference between that and the T3BT bridge, though.
ESP Eclipse II SW - D'Addario 11-49 Eb
LTD F-400FM - Ernie Ball 12-56 C#
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
The T3BT comes with the saddles slotted, the other one does not. You probably want the one with the slotted saddles unless you're keen on doing it yourself.

To the rocket scientists mad that their intonation screws are facing the wrong side:
Pull the bridge off and turn it around. Re-intonate. Ta-daaaaa.
Quote by Roc8995

To the rocket scientists mad that their intonation screws are facing the wrong side:

Im not with my guitar at the moment, but wouldnt that change the way the string breaks over the peak of the saddle?

I dont know for sure but I think on mine the saddles are slotted so that there is a slope going away from the pickups sort of following the strings break angle. On the pickup side the edge just goes straight down.

ETA: im pretty sure that the facing of the saddles changes the maximum and minimum distances over which the intonation can be adjusted.

so in all likelyhood you cant just flip it around and expect it to intonate properly without first removing and flipping the saddles.
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
Last edited by kolonelkadat at Jul 20, 2011,
Quote by kolonelkadat
Im not with my guitar at the moment, but wouldnt that change the way the string breaks over the peak of the saddle?

I dont know for sure but I think on mine the saddles are slotted so that there is a slope going away from the pickups sort of following the strings break angle. On the pickup side the edge just goes straight down.

This is true... I put my bridge on backwards one time and none of the strings rang out and (obviously) the intonation was all out of whack.
Quote by Roc8995
The T3BT comes with the saddles slotted, the other one does not. You probably want the one with the slotted saddles unless you're keen on doing it yourself.

My bridge came with notched saddles and it's not the T3BT model. The pictures don't show notched saddles on either model, but my saddles are just barely notched.
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
The T3BT doesn't show, but the description does list pre-notched saddles. If that's not the difference, I'm stumped. They look the same to me.

As far as reversing the bridge, yes, it works just fine. You might have to adjust the tailpiece if you have trouble with the break angle, but chances are it wasn't low enough in the first place if it doesn't work reversed (think about it - there's not much contact area on the saddle, one way isn't vastly different than the other). There shouldn't be any slope to the notch in the saddle. The saddles themselves have a sloped end and a flat end, but outside of the flat end being slightly preferable for intonation, there shouldn't be any difference. Anyway, I've done this any number of times on a bunch of guitars and I've never noticed decreased performance with it facing either way. I thought it was a fairly common thing to do.
well I guess as a secondary thought, wouldnt the strings still be blocking the adjustment screws?
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
Quote by kolonelkadat
well I guess as a secondary thought, wouldnt the strings still be blocking the adjustment screws?

Only if you're using a really fat stubby screwdriver. Trust me on this one, it works fine.
Nothing sucks worse than a flat-head screw driver slipping outta the adjustment screw onto the finish... I really wish they made them with phillips head screws instead.

My Deans have the ABR-1 style and my Gibson has the Nashville. The Nashville's are wider and I find them more comfortable to play on, but they're both just fine. I could have that backwards, my internet is mind-numbingly slow tonight and I can't look much up.

As far as the difference on those two, I'm clueless.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Torx screws > Phillips :P

Anyways shouldn't really matter on what way the saddles go.. my Epi LP has 3 with the flat part of the saddle pointing towards the tail piece (bass end) and the treble 3 strings with the flat piece on he pickup side.
Quote by Flux'D
Nothing sucks worse than a flat-head screw driver slipping outta the adjustment screw onto the finish... I really wish they made them with phillips head screws instead.

My Deans have the ABR-1 style and my Gibson has the Nashville. The Nashville's are wider and I find them more comfortable to play on, but they're both just fine. I could have that backwards, my internet is mind-numbingly slow tonight and I can't look much up.

As far as the difference on those two, I'm clueless.

The screws for the saddles on my TonePros bridge are actually the Phillips head style. The pictures do show the flat head style, though. The bridge on my LTD has flat head screws but I don't even know what brand it is. It could be an ESP brand. I'll look at next time I change the strings on it.
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
Right... So no one knows the difference between the two?

They're both the same price, they have all the same basic features... Does anyone know what TonePro's bridge Schecter uses? Mine just says "TonePros" on the bottom...
So basically the only possible difference between the two is that one of them is wider from front to back?