Hey,

So I got a Ibanez ART-320, and want to set it up for Drop C. Originally, I was going to set up in Drop B, for use of Drop B/Drop A#, but I'm now making a band, and we are going to be playing in Drop C.
When I was going to have Drop B, I was going to take it to a shop to set it up, as I didn't want to damage my guitar in any way.
My question is, if I restring the guitar with a set of .11s, will this be enough to set up in Drop C, or do adjustments need to made to my guitar so that it is set up properly?

Thanks for any replies.
maybe readjust intonation and possibly action, but besides that, it should be fine. both of those things you should be able to do easily by yourself.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
personally i use 13-56 for drop c on my 25.5" scale guitar and i find thats its perfect, it keeps string tension really nice and keeps the tone fat chunky and tight.
Quote by wozzsta
personally i use 13-56 for drop c on my 25.5" scale guitar and i find thats its perfect, it keeps string tension really nice and keeps the tone fat chunky and tight.

I used to do that but just because I was a tension whore, but then I joined a band that only needed Drop D, so I got thinner strings and tuned up.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Thanks for the replies. I have a 24.75" scale, so I was planning on using a set of .11-.54 strings. Would just doing the intonation and action be alright for this combination?
11-54 will probably be fine.
and yeah, just a quick intonation adjustment and (POSSIBLY IF ANY BUZZING) action adjustment, and you'll be ok. haha
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by randomhero93
11-54 will probably be fine.
and yeah, just a quick intonation adjustment and (POSSIBLY IF ANY BUZZING) action adjustment, and you'll be ok. haha

Okay. Thanks for the help man
ive got 10's for as low as drop b on a 26 inch scale and its perfactle doable. i dont understand y so many ppl freak out about changing tunings. its really only going to cause issues if u r being stupid and making huge changes (standard to c standard for example) every other day. aside from that u really shouldnt have an issue. im usually in drop c, go to standard for lessons once or twice a week, and drop b if i want to learn a parkway drive song. i have never had an issue with intonation, action, truss rod... etc.

ppl really freak out about it way too much. you'll notice it wen u have an issue and it can always be fixed.
andrerist, we know tuning down with thinner gauge strings is doable, but for a lot of people the loss of tension is annoying. playing 10s in drop B feels like loose rubber bands to me, for example.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
andrerist, we know tuning down with thinner gauge strings is doable, but for a lot of people the loss of tension is annoying. playing 10s in drop B feels like loose rubber bands to me, for example.

+1, I've got my Parker setup with what I believe are 10s - Usually it's in Drop D or C... but I'm doing a cover of a song that's in Drop A# and those strings are just floppin around. Makes it sound freaking giant though
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
lolol. just buy yourself a 7 string MC. much more convenient
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
save yourself some time and set it up yourself, read the sticky about setups, it will take you half an hour max. as for string guage, its all prefence my friend. i, who like loose strings, would probably use a set of 9's with a heavy bottom or just a set of 10's for drop C. im using 10's right now for drop B on my ltd.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by InanezGuitars44

its also a 26 inch scale which gives me more tension. if i were in drop b the whole time i would use a heavier gauge. string gauge is entirely preference.

what i was getting at is that unless you are using some rediculous gauge strings (13's or heavier for standard for example) you really dont need to get a truss rod adjustment or have ur guitar set up. the changes in intonation and action will be very small. the only time you would have an issue is if you have so much tension that it is warping your neck. THEN you should have ur guitar set up
If you originally planned on taking it to get it setup then take it and ask to watch how the tech sets it up.
A good tech should only charge 10-20 bucks max for a guitar with no tremelo.
I do setups for $5 plus strings of course and $15 for tremelos.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by InanezGuitars44
lolol. just buy yourself a 7 string MC. much more convenient

I've had them before. I barely know what to do with a 6 string I just play a 7 exactly like a 7. The song I'm covering is done on a 6 string, though, I'm assuming a baritone, I don't really see the point of tuning that low, but I figured since I'll be doing a vocal cover as well, I'd rather have the whole song at the same pitch, so I don't have to sound like I got kicked in the nuts.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by EspTro
read the sticky about setups, it will take you half an hour max.

Where can I find this thread?
Quote by randomthoughts
What type of music are you going to be playing

Metalcore stuff.

For anyone interested, I've decided to get .11-.56 because I find .12s a bit too thick, but I wanted a thicker low E(C).