Page 1 of 3
I guess there's no way of me saying this without looking like a moody self-absorbed teenager, but hey-ho.

I'm 17 and I'm short, about 5"3/4 to be exact and to be brutally honest, I hate it.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like people make fun of me or anything, even though I've always been one of the shortest people in my year.

I just want to be average-ish height really, Mainly for confidence reasons

I was just wondering if anyone knows anything that can help me in my epic quest? to be honest I don't do that much exercise any more, although I'm planning to start swimming in the next week or so (I hate the idea of going to the gym).

My immediate family are all quite short, but my brother is the tallest being 22 and about 5"8.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Hey Shawty
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
1)Get one of those medival torturing devices that strech people.
2)Use on self
3)Become taller
4)?????
5)Profit
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Females' sexual attraction towards males may be determined by the height of the man.[35] Height in men is associated with status or wealth in many cultures (in particular those where malnutrition is common),[36] which is beneficial to women romantically involved with them. One study conducted of women's personal ads support the existence of this preference; the study found that in ads requesting height in a mate, 80% requested a height of 6 feet (1.8 m) or taller.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
I'm pretty tall, and I don't much care for it. I figure if I was shorter though, I probably wouldn't like it that much either.
Quote by CrunchyRoll
Females' sexual attraction towards males may be determined by the height of the man.[35] Height in men is associated with status or wealth in many cultures (in particular those where malnutrition is common),[36] which is beneficial to women romantically involved with them. One study conducted of women's personal ads support the existence of this preference; the study found that in ads requesting height in a mate, 80% requested a height of 6 feet (1.8 m) or taller.

That sir, is scientific proof that you are never going to get laid.
I've heard everything from stretching to drinking more milk will help with height, but what it comes straight down to is Genetics.

Maybe you're a late bloomer, I had kids in my high school not grow until they were 17. But as expected, you probably won't be 6'. Just wait it out, and take pride in who you are. Nothing is more of a downer than lack of confidence.
NYY _______________________________________________ NYG
i'm short as **** as well. 5'5. there's no use getting hung up on genetics. the only thing that "sucks" about being short (aside from maybe having to climb to reach things in the supermarket), is that you usually have to be "cooler" than average for people to respect you. same with fat people...that's just the way social interactions between people work. and it's not just teenagers and young adults
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
SQUATS OATS AND DEADLIFTS (seriously, heavy compound exercises increase test levels). Also eat more and get plenty of sleep, you might have a little bit more in ya.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Napoleon syndrome is your friend. Make up for what you don't have in statue by being a loud, obnoxious and aggressive shinfucker.
I am thoroughly confused. How tall are you?

Proper way: 5'6", is that it? Close to that?

Also, I'm only 5'7"...and it's really not that big of a deal. It's when the short person lets it get to them the problem arises, I mean, yeah, I could see some attractive female and think, "She'd be into me if I was taller" and then I remember, no she wouldn't, I don't have any money.
Embrace your differences. Yes you are small and yes you'll probably be small for all of your life but is that really a bad thing? Look at Warwick Davis(yes he's 3'6'' so slightly different story) he used his height to his advantage and now he is a huge success. Now obviously it's a bit harder to do this if you're not an actor, but it's possible.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
I just have to hope I'm a late bloomer really, I don't think I've ever had a noticeable growth spurt so a combination of exercise and healthier eating is only going to increase my chances slightly.

Edit: It appears I completely cocked up typing my height I'm about 5'3"
Last edited by Metasponge at Jul 19, 2011,
Being 5 and 3/4 inches tall must be tough. You probably have tiny trashcans that make the trash men mad. Probably thinking that you are just being mean. But then they realise you're short. But you live in an average size house. So technically, you live in a mansion. You're pretty well off in life, stop complaining. Some people can't afford mansions.
i shall call you Napoleon.....just stay outta russia the winters are harsh
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Compensate for it by becoming UberTonk (work out)

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
This makes your user title much funnier

That sucks though.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I was 4'9'' until I was 15 .

I'm 20 now , and I'm 6' tall.

Just wait , who knows !
- - - - - - - - - - -
Let me give you some advice, half-man. Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
The good news, TS, is that you're only 17. Most males don't stop growing until they are 25. So, maybe you'll grow a few more inches.
There's absolutely nothing you can do about your height, so you really shouldn't worry about it. If you want to make up for your height, the best thing you can do is ignore your height. Pro-actively joke about your height in social scenarios if it ever pops up and let it slide. Worrying about it, like you know, will hurt your confidence, but confidence is a much bigger key to being attractive than being tall. Seriously. Let every worry about your height slide and think how so brilliantly awesome you are, you don't need to give two shits about your height.
Quote by CrunchyRoll

I'm 6'4".

Quote by goldmember1217
I'm 6'4".

it's a pity you're ugly as sin
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
Quote by Metasponge
I'm 17 and I'm short, about 5"3/4 to be exact and to be brutally honest, I hate it.

5 inches and 3/4?

this might help though:

There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by CrunchyRoll

If you're going to copy something from Wikipedia, maybe you should remove the citations
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by flecktowned
you're only 5 inches tall?

My thoughts exactly
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by izbbass
If you're going to copy something from Wikipedia, maybe you should remove the citations

Why?
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
start liking the idea of going to the gym.

at first you're going to feel self-conscious because you won't lift as much as everyone else, but grab a buddy to workout with and just do it. everyone has to start somewhere, no one is going to make fun of you. building up your body and looking good is a huge confidence booster, believe me.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
There should be an over 6ft group here, that way we would limit our association with the lesser beings

I'm your height TS and I'm 18, I feel your pain. It's terrible because most women have a 'you must be this tall to enter relationship with' clause in their binding contract of togetherness. I've learned to accept it though, not much you can do to change it.
Quote by Riffofthebeast
hitler could have conquered the entire world if he just sent an assasin to every enemy country and have their leader assasinated
Page 1 of 3