SO...
turns out my last thread was in the wrong place and got closed.
Anyway I own a epiphone les paul custom. I love it but I hate the pickups. I can afford replace them but I'm not sure what with. I play trivium, avenged sevenfold, senses fail, rise against, foo fighters and oasis so I'd like them to be versatile... but I wouldn't be opposed to sticking emgs in and leaving the lighter stuff to my acoustic. I've been looking these http://www.thomann.de/ie/seymour_duncan_sshjb_jazz_rodded_humbucker.htm
but would like a second opinion.
thanks for your input.
I would say either a Duncan JB/59 or JB/Jazz combo, or a Dimarzio Dactivator set.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
i had that set. the jazz pup is nice but the bridge pup is weak. get a dimebucker and coil tap it for the bridge.
Quote by MrWright_11
i had that set. the jazz pup is nice but the bridge pup is weak. get a dimebucker and coil tap it for the bridge.

Do no such thing. Such an awful pickup. Although if you want one, i'll give you one free. (+shipping of course).

Although I do like the thought of a Bill Lawrence l500xl with a jazz.
If you want a hotter bridge pickup, go with the Duncan Distortion and either a Jazz or a 59 in the neck position.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Still haven't upgraded my pickups yet but ran into a new problem. put ernie ball power slinky's on and it sounds WAYYY too bright. same thing happened with the last strings I put on but it went away after a while. Is this just due to the maple cap or are ernie ball strings just really bright, and if not what pups can compensate for the brightness of my guitar