Now im in a metal band, im the rhytm guitarist, the lead guitarist has a dean 'dave mustaine signiture flying V' guitar, at the minute im using a 'vintage SG' but im looking a more 'metal' guitar with better quality sounds.
been looking at both Jackson and Dean guitar websites and this guitar caught my eye

now it has:

Bolt-on alder body
rock maple neck
compound-radius rosewood fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets
sharkfin inlays
EMG-HZ pickups
and Floyd Rose® tremolo.

anybody got one? would love some feedback apprantly these are around £400.00....
Irons
You have £400 to spend?

I will find you something better....

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Jul 19, 2011,
Quote by Tom 1.0
You have £400 to spend?

I will find you something better....

keep me updated
Irons
Not bad, but it has a few downsides.

#1 The Floyd is a Jackson Floyd Rose and not very good quality. However, this can be replaced with an Original Floyd Rose for around $200 and it is a direct drop in.

#2 The pickups are passive EMG pickups - this may be fine for some people, but most would want to swap them out for other passive pickups, or just rewire the guitar and put in active EMGs. But that all comes down to personal choice.

Other than those 2 things, this is a nice guitar. I've always like the Jackson Pro series. For the price, they really can't be beat - good quality, good sound and Japanese manufacturing. You can't beat that for $400.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
tom wins
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
V styled?

Ten mins.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
i'm in the exact same situation XD i am looking at either the Jackson RR3 or maybe Jackson KVX10 King V can't decide between the 2 but leaning towards the RR3 can anyone suggest which is better or a good alternative for a similar price and in a V shape. thnx
Quote by Sign of War
i'm in the exact same situation XD i am looking at either the Jackson RR3 or maybe Jackson KVX10 King V can't decide between the 2 but leaning towards the RR3 can anyone suggest which is better or a good alternative for a similar price and in a V shape. thnx

Jackson RR3 =Wins for sure.
Irons
you could always get one fitted... in every other aspect its a far better guitar than the RR3.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
As much as I love Jackson because they are my favorite guitars I'd go with an Esp/Ltd V-401.
Jackson's low end guitars are really nice but don't offer as much as an Ltd at that price. But once you get to the high end Jackson's nothing compares. Ex: you can get a Jackson RR3 for about $800 or a V-401 for about 600-700 and its way better.

All in all go for a Ltd 400 series guitar, you won't be disappointed.
Edit: About Jackson floyds being crap...That person has no Idea what he is talking about. Those trems are really reliable. And A V shaped guitar nice choice btw.

fficial&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&tbm=shop&source=hp&q=esp+v+401&aq=f&aqi=g1g-sv1g-v3&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=7e3b9a0b4af1aa8b&biw=1525&bih=758">V401
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Last edited by King of King V at Jul 19, 2011,