I remember back in 2008 and 2009 it was huge, and then by winter 2009 it was gone. Literally everyone was talking about it and then I haven't heard a word about it since. Same with metalcore.

Thought I would pop my head in here and ask because I was thinking about this today. I used to be in a metalcore band. We disbanded around the time all of it started dissapearing.
I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer. The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Quote by BlackIce87
I'm not gonna lie, goin' mobile looks like Sebastian Bach in the eighties.
Converge released a cd in what, 2010? metalcore is fine. I dunno about deathcore..when was the last animosity album released?
Quote by xSacrilegex
Deathcore sucks. Hardcore suck. **** "core".
I'll hardcore suck you if you don't get out of here.
Crabcore > Deathcore

Y'all mad?
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
Animosity broke up a couple years ago...
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by romencer17
Animosity broke up a couple years ago...

oh shit, well I guess deathcore is dead.

^ I wasn'\t even trying haha
Cuz it's a very limited genre with very little room for expansion.

Also the most popular bands in the genre are also the worst, see Suicide Silence etc.

Quote by mr7string
DJENT

problem?

Yes because Djent is wanky twoddle, it's like this generations version of Shred Metal.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by xSacrilegex
Deathcore sucks. Hardcore suck. **** "core".

Lol, Mushroomhead avatar
Quote by BK202
Goddamn threads being on the front page and bringing annoying cunts into the hardcore forum.

Everyone knows At the Drive-In was the only deathcore band to get it right. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NYbojdoAQE&feature=related

Nice new avatar. I approve. Also. ATDI = boss.

OP, deathcore is still alive and... well... alive... it's just banished from the hardcore forum. There's a big deathcore thread in the metal forum. You can discuss deathcore to your heart's content over there.