Hey everyone, excuse me for my poor knowledge of tapes (I'm 15), but anyways, I bought Rush's 'Anthem' tape and I put it my the tape player, and it was all flangy and the volume was fluctuating. My guess is that something isn't spinning correctly but I don't know much. Is it broken?? There's a good possibility that it is because I bought it at a flea market for 1$. It is also possible that the tape player is broken because it is very old.

Thanks, Adam
Last edited by asmithgdci at Jul 19, 2011,
common sense says try another tape
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Chances are you probably bought a crappy tape.

With luck the issue will resolve after a few songs and you might have a few good working tracks on there.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

I'm sorry but what does this have to do with Recording?
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
I'm sorry but what does this have to do with Recording?

sorry I didn't know where to put it
The way studios splice tape takes practice and skill, and it is typically done with larger (ie. wider) tape reels. Doing this with a cassette tape would be really fiddly.

I would say for the price of what it would cost you to take this to a studio and get them to do it, it would be way cheaper to find a CD of it somewhere, or just buy it off iTunes.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.