Now the time has come for me to get a electric guitar, but the choice is hard to make.
I'm not a beginner guitar player but i have not owned a "good" electric guitar.
I have tryed the 60's and liked the thin neck but they did'nt have any Jr's in at the guitar store so i couldnt try one out.

It stands between the Gibson Les Paul Jr. :http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Jr.aspx

And the Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute : http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Studio-60s-Tribute.aspx

I mostly play Punk and Rock music and could use some tips to choose one of them.
Help appreciated. Yours sincerely TOVi
Tribute
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Just so you know I'm pretty sure the 60s tribute is chambered and the junior is not.
Quote by fuzzpedal
Just so you know I'm pretty sure the 60s tribute is chambered and the junior is not.

Right.

Love my tribute.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
The Tributes are awesome. I want one myself.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
The Tribute is the better all-round guitar. But they're selling very fast. In fact lots of people are saying that the gold top and the two burst finishes are now entirely sold out. If you want one and you don't want the fugly white&cream one then you need to make a decision quickly or be prepared to buy second hand.

The Junior is a really, really well made guitar though and it kind of is THE punk rock guitar. It's so simple that there's really nothing that can go wrong with it. The neck on the Junior is meant to be slightly thicker than the 60s Tribute but not by much. if you really are hardcore into your punk then the Junior will be brilliant for you. The real qustion is when you play other stuff, if you use the neck pickup often. If you mostly only use the bridge pickup anyway then I think the Junior is the better option.
I have the tribute Gold-top. Awesome guitar. Well worth the money and the wait.
Definitely get the tribute. My guitar teacher has one of these and they're sick. The P-90's are amazing and the Honey Burst finish looks outstanding. I just wouldn't order it direct from the Gibson site because its usually a few hundred dollars more than Musicians Friend or something like that.
The Tribute will obviously give you more options, but personally, I'd choose the Junior. I love the absolute simplicity of it. I'd take it any day over the Tribute.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by W4RP1G
I have the tribute Gold-top. Awesome guitar. Well worth the money and the wait.

twinzies!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jul 20, 2011,
Thanks for all the answers and opinions.
Im thinking of getting a Cherry sunburst 60's tribute soon, just waiting for my summerjob money.
Yours sincerely TOVi
the tribute is very expressive, aggressive attack it breaks up, soft attack it is clean. Its all in the fingers. Because its chamberd it also has kind of a 335 feel. Its not a strum and bang guitar. Played right it sounds right...it will sound the way you play it. Give it a chance. I've been playing since the 60s. If the neck feel right to you, you'll be pleased.
60's man
The tribute will give you more tonal options, but the Jr SCREAMS Punk rock. I'd go with the Tribute, but opinions are subjective.

Good luck,
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
both are awesome. but i'd get the junior because it scream punk rock xD and also because i really dig the simple look of a single p90 and volume and tone.

generally a junior has a very big range with the twist of the volume knob.

what rock are you looking to play? because you'd understand you cant play no american woman on a bridge pickup