I'm trying to get better at guitar, my youtube channel is slashfanguitarist, so please check out my acoustic videos, there are only 2, I particularly want you to analyze the Am improv, and tell me what I'm doing wrong/right, what do do to improve my guitar playing etc.
Just post a link, it's not hard.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
because YOU want a favor im going to open up a whole new tab and type in youtube.com wait for it to load, type in your name then come back here and critique it? Pffff
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
your video was way out of sync. There's no way I can tell you about the visual aspects (how your posture/fretting/picking techniques are). Sonically, you're not terrible, but it sounds to me like you're relying on kind of shoddy legato technique to halfass faster passages. That's gonna be a problem for you in the future if you go and try more adventurous pieces (think Al di Meola acoustic stuff). I'd recommend trying to get a better video up so we can more easily analyze things as opposed to guessing which video bit went with which part of your playing.
Quote by Geldin
your video was way out of sync. There's no way I can tell you about the visual aspects (how your posture/fretting/picking techniques are). Sonically, you're not terrible, but it sounds to me like you're relying on kind of shoddy legato technique to halfass faster passages. That's gonna be a problem for you in the future if you go and try more adventurous pieces (think Al di Meola acoustic stuff). I'd recommend trying to get a better video up so we can more easily analyze things as opposed to guessing which video bit went with which part of your playing.

wow, you're right, this isn't some of my best playing, and the quality/sync of sound and video sucks ass... I hadn't looked at it until now, but it is really bad, I'll upload another, and make sure it has a better video quality before I decide to have people analyze it again. Thanks, I noticed what you said about the poor legato in the fast parts around :26 right? I'll make sure and address it in the next video, thanks.
Quote by zincabopataurio
That sounded pretty cool, but I think your bends are out of tune (or was that on purpose?).

I try to bend either out of key or out of tune, at least I did here, sounds almost bluesy I think.
Quote by ninja2142
I try to bend either out of key or out of tune, at least I did here, sounds almost bluesy I think.

It doesn't. It just sounds like you don't know what you're doing. There are very few notes that you can get away with bending out of tune with, the main one people do is the minor third.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.