Can someone point me to some artists that are putting out new classical music? All i can ever find are people with cellos covering guns n roses. I wanna hear something new, original, and beautiful.

Thanks in advance.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
not entirely what I had in mind, but that was pretty cool. Thanks!
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Well, for guitar, there's Leo Brouwer and Roland Dyens. Probably the two biggest classical guitar composers right now. I mean real classical, not just fingerpicking on a nylon string.

Then there are composers like William Walton, Lennox Berkeley, and Peter Sculthorpe is pretty interesting. Plus you have your film composers like John Williams.
fleshgod apocalypse lolololol
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
Dusan Bogdanovic, Nikita koshkin, Andrew York, Leo Brouwer, Roland Dyens Sergios and odair assad. these are for classical guitar though haha.

composers : steven reich, Philip Glass, nicholas sobko, too lazy to write more.
Classical Guitarist
Frank Ticheli. Not a classical composer per se, but a popular composer nowadays. Check out Angels in the Architecture, its overall an awesome piece, but he steals melodies from some of his other works in it. The word "epic" pretty much sums it up, go check it out.

EDIT: Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LkgTfqSPNI
I pride myself on my humility.
Last edited by mtshark at Jul 19, 2011,
Quote by mtshark
Frank Ticheli. Not a classical composer per se, but a popular composer nowadays. Check out Angels in the Architecture, its overall an awesome piece, but he steals melodies from some of his other works in it. The word "epic" pretty much sums it up, go check it out.

I second angels
Whether I am a hungry rabbit or a frightened carrot, my home is the same.
Daniel Koppelman: The Weave for piano and electronics
Mark Kilstofte: Ballistic Etude 3.1
Rzewski: American Ballad No. 3, "Winnesboro Cotton Mill Blues" for solo piano
Mark O'Connor: Fiddle Concerto
Kaija Saariaho: Sept Papillons for solo cello

These are all new things hapenning in the world of classical music today.
Last edited by nmitchell076 at Jul 19, 2011,