Right now, I'm in the middle of building a pedalboard, and I need something to power 3 pedals simultaneously. I'm currently looking into the Visual Sound 1Spot deal, but I'm concerned about something. Though I have heard of a ton of people using these, I have also heard of some others having trouble with buzzing and humming. It could have just been that they were using incompatible pedals, though.

What is everybody's opinion on these devices? The pedals I'll be powering with it are an Ibanez TS-9, Dunlop Crybaby, and a Boss CS-3. Would these be able to operate without buzzing like crazy? Or will it buzz like crazy regardless of what pedal the 1spot is plugged into? Would it be more worth it to stick with using batteries or buying the power adapters made for each individual pedal itself?
I used to use a 1 Spot.
Worked fine for me. I had no noise issues.
Currently use a Voodoo Lab PP2+. Much better but costs much more.
I use one to power my Overdrive 2 BYOC kit and Visual Sound H2O. I get a bit of buzz with the OD, but I'm not sure if that's the pedal's fault or the 1Spot. The noise from the OD isn't too bad and the H2O is silent.

EDIT: ^ Dear me, that is a disturbing avatar....

Last edited by EMGPWNS at Jul 19, 2011,
I only get noise when I use an adapter and plug that into my electro harmonix pedal and real old D.O.D., which both use the headphone type plug in. Other than that never a problem... Boss's, ibanez's, and crybabys have all worked fine for me
It would depend on:

1. Is your power supply at home generally clean.
2. Are any of your pedals poorly grounded.

Generally, if your electrical wiring is done properly and well shielded, the 1Spot shouldn't give any troubles. However, older or cheaper pedals tend to have poor grounding and electronic work... and that can pick up electrical interference or cause hum.

The problem with the 1Spot is that once you get hum, it generally "infects" all your other pedals as well.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
It would depend on:

1. Is your power supply at home generally clean.
2. Are any of your pedals poorly grounded.

Generally, if your electrical wiring is done properly and well shielded, the 1Spot shouldn't give any troubles. However, older or cheaper pedals tend to have poor grounding and electronic work... and that can pick up electrical interference or cause hum.
I forgot to mention that I will be plugging these pedals into a surge protector. So the power should be clean. As for pedals being properly grounded: not 100% sure. I mean, they're good brand pedals (i.e.: not Behringer), so they should work right.

So, 1spot power supply definitely worth it? I'll be ordering it tomorrow.
I have one and use it without any problems. I also have exact or near exact pedals. Boss CS-3, Dunlop KH95 Cry Baby, and Ibanez TS-7 & TS-9DX. I also have around 20 or so pedals, and none have any issues while using the 1 Spot.
Chiming in again.
Some pedals will take to the 1 Spot just fine.
Others, not so much.
Some pedals just don't do well daisy-chained.
I'd go with it. I took a risk on when I bought mine because I'd heard the same things you had, but it powers an MXR DynaComp, Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet, Fulltone Ultimate Octave, EHX Small Stone and MXR Carbon Copy just fine for me.

Give it a shot. It's a lot cheaper than a power brick and can yield pretty good results.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Yep. I have one. It works fine, and the foreign voltage compatibility's great. The only noise I get is from my pedals when they're engaged. The adapter itself? Quiet as passersby witnessing a domestic dispute on a crowded street.
I am a fake mountain.
I have one.I use it with the Australian power adapter.
Works fine,my only advice is,tape over some of the connections and if possible,tape it to your pedal board.The cable is only thin,and can stretch/tear quite easy.
Also watch out when your un-plugging it.I've found that when I play outdoor events,un-plugging (probably sweaty hands) can lead to a very tiny zap to the fingers.
But this probably applies to alot of power adapters.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.