so i just got a job, and i've been wanting to get a halfstack for under $650, i dont want anything special with tubes or anything until i get a better job, i just want something better than what i have. i've been looking at the line 6 spider IV halfstack and also looking at the marshall mg100hfx halfstack. out of those two which is best? and if you know of something better please let me know. i want an amp that has a nice clean, good ac/dc style crunch, and a good metallica kind of distortion... would be nice to get some effects as well. but thats not required... thanks!
why do you need a half stack? also are you interested in it sounding better or looking "cool?"
I'm assuming you're trolling. As both of those suck. If you have a job and are saving up then you should value not wasting money.
I would recommend getting something special with tubes. Doesn't have to be a half stack though...
---
well i am also willing to get a combo. idc really. but i wanted a halfstack because honostly i just love the way they look and sound (not that its much better than a combo). and im a fat guy so its easier to set the settings and not bend over :P i dont want to look cooler. i do think that the cab on them gives it like a bassier feeling. idk how to describe it, when you do palm mutes it gets this really nice sound.
Quote by Chad11491
I'm assuming you're trolling. As both of those suck. If you have a job and are saving up then you should value not wasting money.

what do you recommend for under $650 then? idc if its a halfstack, but i need it to be atleast able to be as loud as a drumset... and im not trolling lol. i need opinions so i can get something nice
I don't really follow your logic for wanting a half stack so badly, but if that's what you really want the peavey vk100 head is probably the best value you will find. It may be a bit over your budget but its worth paying the extra money to get some tubes.
Please go try out some other amps. There are plenty of low wattage tube amps that sound a million times better than those listed amps. You will soon realize how much better they sound and are sometimes cheaper.
Quote by dwarf134
what do you recommend for under $650 then? idc if its a halfstack, but i need it to be atleast able to be as loud as a drumset... and im not trolling lol. i need opinions so i can get something nice

You can look at a Jet City JCA 20 half-stack + TS or a Blackstar HT20 - both of which will do the rock and metal sound pretty well.

What you are describing is essentially more presence from all the speakers and more air being moved.

At that budget, you're only really getting access to the mini stacks... you'll get the looks without the omph.

Save up more money.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by Megalomaniac46
I don't really follow your logic for wanting a half stack so badly, but if that's what you really want the peavey vk100 head is probably the best value you will find. It may be a bit over your budget but its worth paying the extra money to get some tubes.

you sir, have just convinced me to go with that, im gunna get the vk212 combo. i love the way it sounds... thanks alot.
Quote by dwarf134
you sir, have just convinced me to go with that, im gunna get the vk212 combo. i love the way it sounds... thanks alot.

OMG are you serious?! My guess you are coming to this decision through a Youtube video!
Quote by dwarf134

A ValveKing for hard rock. Sure it'll work just fine

A ValveKing for NWOBHM? Prepare to be disappointed and spend money on a dirt pedal.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.