At the time of Jimi Hendrix, I don't think anyone hearing him play at his early years ever thought he'd end up one of the most legendary guitar players ever. Led Zeppelin thought that the band would go nowhere so that's why they named the band Led Zeppelin. They became one of the most famous bands ever and they helped popularize rock as a genre.

What artists do you think will be the legends in, say, 20 or 30 years? By legends don't say something like Avenged Sevenfold because they are a very successful band but they are by no means legends like Hendrix or Zeppelin.

I personally believe that the artists in this song will be remembered as some of the greatest musicians of our time and as legends

Who do you think will be the next legends, Pit?

Also, I don't know if any of you remember Sons of Icarus whose guitarist is a member of this website, but I think they'll be big. Not legends, but big commercially successful.
I'd say it's past the point where they can be considered legends. They'll definitely be remember, but not legends. Flea on the other hand...
LOL your username should be added to that favorite username poll.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by Big Black Nigga
I'd say it's past the point where they can be considered legends. They'll definitely be remember, but not legends. Flea on the other hand...

flea will be
Quote by StewieSwan
your username

This
Jesus.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Oh and Arctic Monkeys.

Just checked out Gaslight Anthem. They're nothing special. Sounds pretty generic actually. I think even Black Veil Brides is more original than them.
Quote by Big Black Nigga
Just checked out Gaslight Anthem. They're nothing special. Sounds pretty generic actually. I think even Black Veil Brides is more original than them.

You can't "just check out" a band and make a conclusion like that. If I were to listen to "Foxy Lady" or the "Immigrant Song" I'd be like "meh", but there's no denying that Jimi and Zep are legendary groups.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
You wouldn't find the Immigrant Song to be anything special? Foxy Lady, on the other hand, I could see somebody like you thinking it's nothing special and perhaps a more commercially successful song such as Voodoo Child or All Along the Watchtower would catch your attention but people who are experienced at guitar and have an ear for the playing and innovation of it would catch the brilliance of Foxy Lady.
Quote by Big Black Nigga
You wouldn't find the Immigrant Song to be anything special? Foxy Lady, on the other hand, I could see somebody like you thinking it's nothing special and perhaps a more commercially successful song such as Voodoo Child or All Along the Watchtower would catch your attention but people who are experienced at guitar and have an ear for the playing and innovation of it would catch the brilliance of Foxy Lady.

I can't tell if you're trying to insult me or not...

Oh, wait, you are.

Hah.
Quote by AA00P
Quote by guitarsftw
You can't "just check out" a band and make a conclusion like that. If I were to listen to "Foxy Lady" or the "Immigrant Song" I'd be like "meh", but there's no denying that Jimi and Zep are legendary groups.
NO! Both those songs have a quality to them that most bands of today lack. It's that magic, ear-capturing -- "this shit is good" -- at first listen quality.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
NO! Both those songs have a quality to them that most bands of today lack. It's that magic, ear-capturing -- "this shit is good" -- at first listen quality.

It's all in the ear of the beholder. Other songs by both bands, TO ME, have that quality, but not those two.

And saying modern bands lack that is false. I stumble upon bands quite consistently that have that "first-listen" quality. It's not all rock, nor is it all radio, but it's there.
Quote by AA00P
i've heard people i trust say they think miguel zenón will someday be up there with coltrane and bird as an innovator.
#DTWD
Bireli Lagrene and Tommy Emmanuel are the two that spring to mind immediately but I don't think either are quite commercially successful enough to really become household names.
Jason Moran, Kurt Rosenwinkel, and Jason Parker all have potential to be Jazz legends. Meaning 23 people will have heard of them.
Justin Bieber. Definitely.

Oh, and Rebecca Black. Have you checked out that "My Moment" stuff?!
Every poster on here is a 6-foot Catholic schoolgirl with an 8-inch penis and riches beyond my wildest dreams.
Quote by Wuai Bel Ree
Justin Bieber. Definitely.

Oh, and Rebecca Black. Have you checked out that "My Moment" stuff?!

Yes, it's a decent pop song and if she hadn't brought out Friday then lots of people would've probably enjoyed My Moment.

Lady Gaga and Tay-tay Swift will be remembered as pop legends.

As for "rock", I have no idea because it's dispersed to so many different genres. I think the days of guys like Zeppelin, Hendrix, Floyd are pretty much over.

However there are many bands who are already sort of considered "the innovators" as I like to say. Groups like My Bloody Valentine, Radiohead, RHCP, etc.

Thing is, tons of talented musical people don't have a damn clue who MBV is. The way people listen to and obtain their music has changed to much for any one band to have influence over all.
Balls.
Lady Gaga. Her innovative and original songs, her eccentric fashion sense, and her truly shocking videos will cause her to go down as a legend of music. In 50 years, people will see her the same way that we view The Beatles now: as if she's a goddess.
Jack White.

He tends to polarise people but I think he will be regarded as a legend, perhaps after death. It's when most achieve 'legend' status.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
I can't believe nobody said inb4 me

But honestly RHCP most definitely because they were popular when my mom and step mom were young and I know some kids in middle school that listen to them so I think that they'll become legends.
Apparently this is a signature

Yessir it is
Quote by StewieSwan
your username

Not reading any more posts in this thread. I love you.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Foo Fighters.
System of a Down
Avenged Sevenfold.
Not discussing how talented the musicians are, or if you like them. But given their popularity and album sales, I'd say these bands could achieve that "legend" status within a couple of decades.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause