I believe I have myself a Black Label Made in Japan CE-2, but the label was ripped off (grrr) and it has no serial number. However it has black screws and the old style ac adapter (next to the backplate instead of in the middle).

Anyone able to help me date it? Anything else I should be looking for?
The only way to date something like that is to open it up and look at the date codes on the ICs. IC stands for Integrated Circuit. They are the black, rectangular chips with multiple legs coming out from them. They usually have date codes stamped on them. Date code for a typical IC will be something like 0499, which means 4th week of 1999. As long as the pedal hasn't been worked on and the original IC replaced, this will give you an approximate date for its build.
I thought for a second that this was going to be another thread involving a 14 year old wondering if his pedal once belonged to Zakk Wylde.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
I thought for a second that this was going to be another thread involving a 14 year old wondering if his pedal once belonged to Zakk Wylde.

Zakk Wylde owned my pedal?

I don't want it anymore...
I have ascertained that this particular pedal is the Black Screw, Black Label model made around 1982 in Japan.

Thanks for the help
Quote by Ian_the_fox

Link?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs