Poll: What should I do?
Poll Options
View poll results: What should I do?
Go up by yourself and then open the door on the roof and let her in.
20 61%
Make her feel more "badass" and have both of us climb up.
8 24%
Don't take her. Not worth it.
5 15%
Voters: 33.
Page 1 of 2
I live in a college town and the music building has some really interesting architecture. It resembles a medieval castle. There is this one huge turret which is arguably the highest point in town. Anyways, my friends and I tried finding a way to the roof. In the the actual building, the door to the roof is locked so that is a no go. On the outside though, there is exactly one way to get on top (only one, everything else is impossible) and that via the gutter. The climb requires one pull up basically. It was difficult and I had a few scrapes but we did it.

After we were on top, we found out the door to the inside to be unlocked. This is how we got out, instead of climbing back down. So my dilemma lies with a girl. Is it a good idea to bring her up here? We are pretty close and I figure the turret would be a great place to just talk/make out. She isn't the type to break rules but I figure she may like this. For one, it has that "badass" quality to it. I bet no other guy has taken her on a date like this. She will probably remember it for a while. We aren't breaking any laws really. The building is open like all night and it just climbing on the roof.
Last edited by y0d4 at Jul 20, 2011,
bad idea, unless you want the old "did it hurt, when you fell from the heavens?" pickup line to have a whole new meaning.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
TS: I want to show you something amazing
Ugly Girl he likes: Lol ok

TS: Check it out
Ugly: It's just a roof
TS:....yeah..
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by theogonia777
bad idea, unless you want the old "did it hurt, when you fell from the heavens?" pickup line to have a whole new meaning.

From the climb? The turret is completely safe, there's a ladder to it once you're on the roof you can't fall off.
Does it have a good view or something? it could be romantic otherwise its just climbing on a roof.
Quote by CrunchyRoll

Ugly girl? Okay buddy you're cool. Assume what you want. Degrade someone you have never met. **** off.
Bring a rifle, it will get you on TV
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Quote by So-Cal
Does it have a good view or something? it could be romantic otherwise its just climbing on a roof.

Highest point in town. Yeah it has a view of the entire city.
If it has a great view then yeah, go for it.
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
Quote by y0d4
Ugly girl? Okay buddy you're cool. Assume what you want. Degrade someone you have never met. **** off.

"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
How bout the old , ask her what she wants to do thing... if she wants to climb, she'll climb, if she wants you to open the door, she'll say that.. if she doesn't wanna go, she won't. Why are you making what is, ultimately, her decision?
bring her up, but you should totally jump her bones up there.
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Quote by Wardy-Slash
How bout the old , ask her what she wants to do thing... if she wants to climb, she'll climb, if she wants you to open the door, she'll say that.. if she doesn't wanna go, she won't. Why are you making what is, ultimately, her decision?

Yea. TS is really sexist.
Quote by Wardy-Slash

Because women don't know what they want, and they need strong, decisive men to make their decisions for them.

*waits for mistressibanez*
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
It's her decision TS, asking people on UG if you should or shouldn't make her climb is pointless. She wont feel "badass" if she hurts herself climbing/falling off the side of a building.

.....Although I voted "Go up by yourself and then open the door on the roof and let her in."
For your sake I hope heaven & hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Guitar & skateboarding. Do what you want.
Is it sexist if it's true?
Quote by Wardy-Slash

Well I am debating whether I should even mention it. She also the type of person who'll do whatever I suggest. So I'm trying to feel out which option is best. Of course I'll ask her in the end but I wanted to see what others though.
Quote by y0d4
From the climb? The turret is completely safe, there's a ladder to it once you're on the roof you can't fall off.

okay, but if you're next thread is "oh shit, my girl fell off the roof" and then someone makes a thread regarding a news story where a girl falls off a turret, i warned you.

i'm sure that UGer who impaled his girl with a tent pole though it was completely safe.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Jul 20, 2011,
Quote by theogonia777
okay, but if you're next thread is "oh shit, my girl fell off the roof" and then someone makes a thread regarding a news story where a girl falls off a turret, i warned you.

Potential "some chick fell off of a roof and landed on the sidwalk" mirror thread?
Quote by y0d4
Well I am debating whether I should even mention it. She also the type of person who'll do whatever I suggest. So I'm trying to feel out which option is best. Of course I'll ask her in the end but I wanted to see what others though.

Whatever you suggest ? Now thats a keeper.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by CrunchyRoll

Yep. Crunchy just pretty much ended this whole thread with a deftly delivered verbal dagger to your plan.

If you have to LOOK for ways to impress a girl, you don't know her well enough to be worried about impressing her yet.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by y0d4

Suggest her to do something more ordinary and suggest her to enjoy it. No trespassing, no broken bones.
You might get raped by beggars seeking for a place to sleep... just saying

There's

NEVER

enough

GAIN

Quote by strat0blaster
Yep. Crunchy just pretty much ended this whole thread with a deftly delivered verbal dagger to your plan.

If you have to LOOK for ways to impress a girl, you don't know her well enough to be worried about impressing her yet.

Crunchy is a troll. Just look at the comments on his profile. This is less impressing and more of doing something fun and different.
This is a fukken good idea but not for any good reasons.

The exciting things we call fun are exciting because they scare our instincts. Climbing on top of a tiny cliff? Pretty good chance of getting killed, man, what if something attacks you out of nowhere? You could get tackled right off the edge! It's that excitement that makes it stick with you. The risk of getting caught is exciting too. What else is exciting? Being in love with somebody. Bonin em. Physically speaking, they're easy to mistake. Increased adrenaline and its effects: heart rate, feeling on edge, etc.

Through good old classical conditioning, for one, she'll pair you with excitement, especially if it's a singular experience. But there's also a good chance of her looking back on the night and attaching the feelings of excitement to you as, well, "feelings." (I'm told those exist.) Bam. Relationship stronger. Plus you're an edgy badass who gets what he wants and does whatever it takes to make his girl happy, if she's into that.

CONS:
-Is she afraid of heights? Do you know?
-What if she thinks this is stupid, immature, childish, and other negative things like that, and refuses to go along with it?
-What if you get caught? You're the asshole who got her in trouble.
-What if someone gets hurt? Real possibility.
-What if the door upstairs is locked this time? How will you get down?
-It's kind of REALLY sleazy if you care about that at all, given how manipulative it is.

ALTERNATE ENDING
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Nice try, King Kong, you're not fooling anybody.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Last edited by SteveHouse at Jul 20, 2011,
Quote by y0d4
Crunchy is a troll. Just look at the comments on his profile. This is less impressing and more of doing something fun and different.

I don't care what you call him - troll, goblin, monkey, sexual hammer - he's right.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by y0d4
Then why climb buildings when you can get yer dick wet?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433

Why settle for gettin yer dick wet when you can get yer dick wet on top of the highest building in town?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by element4433

WHy get your dick wet when you can get your dick wet on a roof?

edit: ^ Oh **** off
This actually sounds like a cool idea, but you'd be taking a risk by having her climb up. Not everyone likes to climb
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by strat0blaster
I don't care what you call him - troll, goblin, monkey, sexual hammer - he's right.

However, it should be noted that if a girl does agree to climb on a roof with you, you already have the deal sealed.

Which brings us to the next point:

Quote by element4433

^^
Quote by SteveHouse
Why settle for gettin yer dick wet when you can get yer dick wet on top of the highest building in town?
Getting yer dick wet is getting your dick wet, no matter where you're getting your dick wet.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
Getting yer dick wet is getting your dick wet, no matter where you're getting your dick wet.

Much in the same way that all numbers are numbers, but some stand for more than others.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SteveHouse
This is a fukken good idea but not for any good reasons.

The exciting things we call fun are exciting because they scare our instincts. Climbing on top of a tiny cliff? Pretty good chance of getting killed, man, what if something attacks you out of nowhere? You could get tackled right off the edge! It's that excitement that makes it stick with you. The risk of getting caught is exciting too. What else is exciting? Being in love with somebody. Bonin em. Physically speaking, they're easy to mistake. Increased adrenaline and its effects: heart rate, feeling on edge, etc.

Through good old classical conditioning, for one, she'll pair you with excitement, especially if it's a singular experience. But there's also a good chance of her looking back on the night and attaching the feelings of excitement to you as, well, "feelings." (I'm told those exist.) Bam. Relationship stronger. Plus you're an edgy badass who gets what he wants and does whatever it takes to make his girl happy, if she's into that.

CONS:
-Is she afraid of heights? Do you know? She isn't
-What if she thinks this is stupid, immature, childish, and other negative things like that, and refuses to go along with it? I'll just ask and if she doesn't want to then that is it.
-What if you get caught? You're the asshole who got her in trouble. This is the risky part.
-What if someone gets hurt? Real possibility. This is why I am leaning towards just opening the door.
-What if the door upstairs is locked this time? How will you get down? If it is locked then this entire thing is a no go or if she wants to climb, we'll climb up and down.
-It's kind of REALLY sleazy if you care about that at all, given how manipulative it is. I'll explain the risks and everything.

ALTERNATE ENDING

I like your analysis of the matter. That "pros" paragraph is what I am looking for. considering it all, I think I will ask her. This will be exciting.
Quote by SteveHouse
Much in the same way that all numbers are numbers, but some stand for more than others.

Lawyered.
Page 1 of 2