Don't worry about it being loud, it would be used for large room rehersals and gigs only

I play hard edged rock n roll the guns n roses but slightly more "heavy" am I able to get that beefy tone from this amp? any sugestions?

I was looking at a JCM900 as an alternative but a) plexi's look better!! (haha not really the point of an amp) and b) it's a ****ing PLEXI, like the king of amps right?
Quote by Bazilisck311
So if I buy a Les Paul standard and throw it 200 mph, its binding will generate downforce?
as long as you can be really loud.

if it's cheap i say go for it.

like under 800 bucks.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
I've heard people claim that the 1987X is very loud for its wattage. Take care that you don't drown out your other band members, as that can happen with an amp like this.

Keep in mind that it has no master volume, so you will have to crank it to get gain out of it, and you will need to boost it to get anything resembling metal. Even then it might not be enough gain for you.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
We only ever really play at gig volume my TSL 60 is always set to about 7 to 9 master volume wise, I'd be trading in my tsl60 for the 1987x and getting the 50w plexi reissue at near half price so like £500ish
Quote by Bazilisck311
So if I buy a Les Paul standard and throw it 200 mph, its binding will generate downforce?
I'd probably consider either an attenuator or an amp mod in the long run and running a blues driver to push it harder for increased gain
Quote by Bazilisck311
Worth giving it a shot, I guess, but it's really not exactly a metal amp in my mind.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
This will be a case of trying it out first
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
I'm more over the top rock n roll than metal really,probably beef it up with an overdrive and the saturate it with a big muff for the metal moments
Quote by Bazilisck311
I'd have to have it ordered in unfortunalty as with any good marshall head
Quote by Bazilisck311
plexi w/ tubescreamer? capable of metal? for those heavier moments?
Quote by Bazilisck311
Quote by ierostyle
plexi w/ tubescreamer? capable of metal? for those heavier moments?

really doubt it. unless you're talking barebones, early metal
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
more in the way of modern metal, I'm a little concerned then, a cranked od pedal wouldn't get me somewhere near what I'm after then?
Quote by Bazilisck311