I swear at Guitar Center they used to have the Gibson LP Silverburst with the ebony fretboard. Looking at their site today, it comes with the Rosewood. Does anyone know what the deal is?
Are you sure it just wasnt a dark rosewood? Ive only seen them with rosewood fretboards
Yes they definitely used to have ebony fretboards. It was listed with an ebony fretboard in my most recent musicians friend catalogue and being as musicans friend is a subsidiary company of Guitar Center I would assume that they are the same exact model on both sites. I think the site has misadvertised that particular feature of the guitar so it is probably still an eboy board. It wouldn't be the first time this has happened.
Quote by jwoodbury3571
I swear at Guitar Center they used to have the Gibson LP Silverburst with the ebony fretboard. Looking at their site today, it comes with the Rosewood. Does anyone know what the deal is?
Unless it's a special run for GC, the Studio SilverBurst comes with a Rosewood fretboard: http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Studio-Silverburst.aspx

Quote by Ippon
Unless it's a special run for GC, the Studio SilverBurst comes with a Rosewood fretboard: http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Studio-Silverburst.aspx

They do have a special run Les Paul Studio Silverburst sold through GC.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Silverburst

A number of the reviews mention a smooth ebony fretboard which is what led me to believe it was a misprint.
Quote by Ippon
It doesn't say special run. And it mentions Rosewood.

Touche my good sir. My apologies if it seemed like I was trying to contradict you, the page just doesn't entirely stack up to me. I do remember that they did have a special guitar center run of these with an ebony board and coil taps, one user here had a NGD awhile back with the guitar which is why I remember. I suppose there is a chance that they changed those aspects of the guitar but kept the page for the old one and the reviews for it. I guess if the TS is curious, the best approach would be to contact guitar center and ask so he can know for sure.
Quote by SkweakyMuffin
Touche my good sir. My apologies if it seemed like I was trying to contradict you, the page just doesn't entirely stack up to me. I do remember that they did have a special guitar center run of these with an ebony board and coil taps, one user here had a NGD awhile back with the guitar which is why I remember. I suppose there is a chance that they changed those aspects of the guitar but kept the page for the old one and the reviews for it. I guess if the TS is curious, the best approach would be to contact guitar center and ask so he can know for sure.
No apologies necessary because I was just as intrigued! A Studio with an Ebony fretboard would be nice.

I've also seen these.

GC gets a lot of exclusive models, and usually you can't find them on the internet because they're exclusive. I remember a similar situation with the Ibanez RG2EX2.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
specifications are subject to change without notice and that's probably what happened here. they probably used to make them with ebony fretboards, but it looks like they don't anymore.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
yea those used to be ebony. some stores probably still have some with ebony. call them.
yeap they started making it with rosewood since early this year. glad I got mine last year with ebony fingerboard, looks sooo much sexier!
The Ebony boards on the Studios were advertised as C grade Ebony when they were using that wood.
Moving on.....
Im prety sure the first few batches of silverburst studios were ebony, but early spring when i went to NYC and played one it had a rosewood board for sure
They've pretty recently started putting ebony boards on just the Customs (with some exceptions, obviously) if I'm not mistaken.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Quote by 3074326
They've pretty recently started putting ebony boards on just the Customs (with some exceptions, obviously) if I'm not mistaken.

AFAIK they've been using ebony fretboards on LP Customs for ages.
Quote by JesusCrisp
AFAIK they've been using ebony fretboards on LP Customs for ages.

i think, and i'm guessing, what he meant was they are ONLY putting the ebony on customs, instead of the custom and some other models as they have done in the past.

now whether that's accurate or not i have no idea.
Quote by gregs1020
i think, and i'm guessing, what he meant was they are ONLY putting the ebony on customs, instead of the custom and some other models as they have done in the past.

Oh, I see, silly tired me.
Quote by gregs1020

they are still using ebony on the alpine white studios i believed. at least the one i saw at sam ash had ebony.

love ebony. it and walnut together are beast for necks.
Quote by gregs1020

Yep, that's what I was trying to say. But like I said, there are probably a few exceptions. Just not as many as there used to be.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex