Its $500 for a red Gibson SG, with a hardshell case, stand, and tuner. No aesthitical problems, or hardware, etc, just needs strings.
I would. A brand new Gibson SG Standard is around $1200 (US) I think. Your getting the guitar, hardcase, stand and tuner for less than half that. Unless there is something seriously wrong with it (like the neck is severly warped or something) I don't think you're gonna find a better deal than that.

If you're buying it from a store, tell them to put some strings on that bitch so you can give it a road test.
Quote by neversleeps84
I would. A brand new Gibson SG Standard is around $1200 (US) I think. Your getting the guitar, hardcase, stand and tuner for less than half that. Unless there is something seriously wrong with it (like the neck is severly warped or something) I don't think you're gonna find a better deal than that.

If you're buying it from a store, tell them to put some strings on that bitch so you can give it a road test.

alright, nah its craigslist, but I'll have him put strings on, and if I like I'll just pay $10 extra

these pics look fine right?
Yeah, that guitar is pretty ****ing nice, dude. Go for it. I would ask the seller why the guitar is sitting around with no strings on it, though. Not really good for the neck, at least for long periods of time.
also I have an Ibanez Gio with a gig bag, and a Squier with a hardshell case, both in great condition, how much do you think I could get for both with their cases, $250?
Quote by ninja2142
also I have an Ibanez Gio with a gig bag, and a Squier with a hardshell case, both in great condition, how much do you think I could get for both with their cases, $250?

I just checked Ebay, Ibanez Gios are bidding anywhere from $50 to $180, Squier Strats are from $100 to $250, with some modded ones over $300.

As long as both are in good shape and play great, with the cases included you should be able to get more than $250 for both.
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Is it just me or does that look like an SG special? Still a deal. But you should know what you're buying.

this. still a good deal but it kinda sorta maybe entirely definitely looks like a special
Yeah that's definitely a special on further investigation. Ask the seller and see if he;s honest with you. At least the price makes more sense now. It's still a deal if the guitar is in good condition!
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Last edited by Artemis Entreri at Jul 20, 2011,
Whoops! I just figured it was a standard before he posted the pics. My bad. But, still a good deal.
It looks like an SG Special Faded. They're about $700 new, so $200 off is a pretty good deal, assuming it's a good guitar. If possible, play it first. Gibson seems to produce hit-or-miss guitars with it's Faded series.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Though it is a good deal, and you probably should do it, I wouldn't because I for some reason just don't like the shape of SG's... I don't know, they just bug me.
Where's Waldo?
decided against it, unless I get more cash, I'm down to about only 500 right now, depends on my hours these next few weeks, the guys about 60 miles away, and not willing to travel, so I think I'll just wait for another good deal to come along, thanks though guys.
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Is it just me or does that look like an SG special? Still a deal. But you should know what you're buying.

It's a Faded.

$500 is pretty average on those guitars, I've even seen them for ~$400. They're cool gutiars, was the 3rd guitar I ever owned, but the Standard is a much better guitar by comparison.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a Faded.

$500 is pretty average on those guitars, I've even seen them for ~$400. They're cool gutiars, was the 3rd guitar I ever owned, but the Standard is a much better guitar by comparison.

+1 and be ready to add some pickups the 490's are pretty blah
if you can afford it and like how it plays sure. but it's not a crazy deal, look around and you can find sg standards for that much.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
something doesnt look right to me about the pickups/pickguard. it doest quite seem stock.

also, the shape of the control cavity plate looks a little odd, but im no SG expert
Last edited by Seanthesheep at Jul 20, 2011,
Quote by Seanthesheep
something doesnt look right to me about the pickups/pickguard. it doest quite seem stock.

also, the shape of the control cavity plate looks a little odd, but im no SG expert

It looks stock for a Special Faded. Although the truss rod cover usually hsa "SG" on it.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
ok then, i just thought that normall the pickups have chrome covers. im prolly thinking SG standard them
Always ask for a clear photo of the serial number so you can look it up and check if it is actually what it is supposed to be.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Slap-happy
It looks stock for a Special Faded. Although the truss rod cover usually hsa "SG" on it.

The Faded series don't have SG on the truss rod, or if they do now, it's a new thing.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Cathbard
Always ask for a clear photo of the serial number so you can look it up and check if it is actually what it is supposed to be.

guy gave one, I just don't feel like going 60 miles to pick up a deal that isn't particularly amazing, good though, I just don't feel like I'd enjoy this guitar as much as I could another for the same price, without paying a ton for gas too.
Quote by MatrixClaw
The Faded series don't have SG on the truss rod, or if they do now, it's a new thing.

Oh... I thought all specials had the "SG" in a slightly different font than standards.
My SG Special (it's swamp ash from the Guitar of the Week range) has that on thr truss rod cover. I think the "Smartwood" series have a green leaf motif.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Special Faded, yes. $500? meh. You should probably try to talk him down to $400ish.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass