Well...after a long and meticulous search, I finally came up with a new amp, and a pedal or two.

First and foremost, the amp I picked up was an Egnater Renegade, (http://www.egnateramps.com/Products/Renegade/RenegadeHead.html) and paid $1400 (Australian) for it and also grabbed a Harley Benton G212 Vintage to run it through because it was pretty damn good value, even getting it shipped from Europe. I've had this for about 3 weeks now, and I have to say, I could not be happier. It really is an incredibly versatile amp. The clean channel is pristine, but it will break up nicely if you set it to 18W and then crank the channel volume. It can be pushed to a reasonable AC/DC style crunch this way, but that's about it.

Switching over to the lead channel, and I'm once again very impressed starts out with a very low gain crunch and can build up to a rather respectable metal-core sort of tone, something along the lines of Asking Alexandria. It can do br00tz, if Youtube videos can be believed, but I haven't tried to push it that far yet, as neither of my guitars are geared for br00tal music.

The 'tube mix' feature is interesting, and does, to my ears at least, change the sound, but its not a drastic change, I think the EL34 side its a bit more aggressive and has more bite, which I like for my distorted tones, while the 6L6 side is smoother which I prefer for my cleans. It's not as special as everyone makes it out to be, but I still really think it's a good feature. The Tight/Deep and Bright/Normal switches make a noticeable difference. I tend to set my cleans to Deep and Normal, while my dirt is Tight and Bright. The 18W/65W switch does make some difference, but not a vast amount, both are insanely loud, but the 18W does break up faster when the channel volume is cranked.

The Footswitch is built like a tank and weighs in at a couple of kilo's easily and is very sturdily built. The reverb sounds quite nice, but I still think I prefer my Chicklet in most cases, the reverb spillover is a cool feature though. The switchable FX is something I was very picky about, because I tend to use two or more FX (verb/delay, flange/verb or verb/chorus) for a solo piece and having to do the pedal dance drove me insane, so just turning them on, and then bringing the loop in via one stomp is a godsend for me. The Main 2 is something I don't really use too much, because I don't have that much need for an overall volume boost on either channel, but I have tested it, and it does work, but the control knob is touchy in the extreme.

Now, the pedals, I figured I'd need a boost for this thing, and I've had a love for one particular OD/Boost for a long time, so I went and dropped around $180 on an Xotic BB Preamp. My love for this came from Andy Timmons demo-ing it on Youtube, and I've been after it ever since. It really does sound incredible. I tend to just use as a boost, with gain at 0, volume at full and the bass/treble set at around 1 o'clock and 11 o'clock respectively. This more or less functions as you'd expect it to, tightening things up, and helping me to pull a heavier tone out of the amp, something along the lines of Killswitch Engage. It can also do an excellent mid-gain crunch by itself, and quite easily can act as a third channel which is my other main use for it. It's also a very transparent OD which I like.

Lastly, I bought this today on impulse, and will probably mod it to true bypass when I get a chance, a Vox V845. I bought this just because I want to experiment with Wah, and didn't want to spend a fortune, just to find out it's not my sorta thing. I paid about $100 for this, and it does the job well enough. It's a tad too sharp at the far end of the sweep and it is indeed a tonesucker, it pulls a sizable amount of treble out of your tone, but I still find it usable, though I still plan to mod it to TB later as I said. All in all, a good wah, but in need of a little work to get the best out of it.

And now, some pics, albeit sub-par quality ones due to my crappy camera, and inability to find the cable for our good Sony one.
The Head

Head + Cab

Pedal Collection with New Additions/Mess of Cable

Sideways Wah Photo

The BB

Eggy Footswitch

The Guitars...just because.

HNRD!

Your BB looks much more red than mine Mine is very orange. Probably just the pics though.
One of the best tones I got from the BB was running it with the amp set slightly dirty, gain at about 8 o'clock and the volume about 2 o'clock. Its a bit more gritty than just a clean boost, and it worked quite well for me.
Yeah, it's just the pics from a shitty camera, mines quite orange too. I'll go give that a try now, and see how it sounds, cheers
Woah, congratz on the new rig.

HNSD
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
HNGD!
Hurray for a fellow aussie with a renegade!

Seriously, enjoy it, it is a great amp

Although mine needs new tubes, and this thread has raised my GAS... Now I'm going to have to spend more money GOD DAMMIT!

muledit: Oh, also the egnater thread has some pretty damn good advice about getting higher gain tones, and even tube swapping if you ever need it, so keep that in mind if you need it.
RIP Gooze

cats
Last edited by mulefish at Jul 20, 2011,
I've spent far too much on gear these past few months...the amp, cab and two pedals would've cost about 2 grand I think XD I need to stop spending money for a while.

Sidenote, I wonder how people at college are going to deal with it when they see me carting my rig back to my room next week for the start of semester

EDIT: In regards to getting br00tz tones, neither of my guitars are that capable, the strat can get pretty heavy if tuned down, mainly due to the Duncan Custom (which I only recently found about when I got bored and pulled the pickguard off) in the bridge, but its not super heavy, it excels more as a rock pickup, I find anything heavier than Breaking Benjamin is pushing it. With something Active loaded, or with something with a set of BKP's, I'd have a br00tz tone easily.
Last edited by telemetal at Jul 20, 2011,
HNGD mate, enjoy that great amp of yours

By the way, how are you liking that H2O?
I've been thinking about getting one but i'm not sure wether or not a combination of a delay and a chorus in one pedal would be that good.
Tis a sig
Quote by Firebirdz
HNGD mate, enjoy that great amp of yours

By the way, how are you liking that H2O?
I've been thinking about getting one but i'm not sure wether or not a combination of a delay and a chorus in one pedal would be that good.

Its a good pedal, but you might want to wait a while. V2 is releasing a replacement pedal for the H2O as the chip used for the delay section is no longer in product. Wait till the new unit is out so you can compare them side by side and pick the better sounding unit.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I do indeed want something Les Paul styled...and a 7 String...and something with P90's...goddamn GAS

Funny thing about the top on that tele, its not actually maple, it's basswood :P

And I'm very fond of my H2O, it's been with me for a few years, and I still don't feel like I need a better chorus or delay given what I use them for.