Page 1 of 2
Do they 'see' what we 'see' when our eyes are closed? Do they not have a sense of sight at all? I searched a bit around the internet and couldn't find anything completely reliable.

...And we all know The Pit is a reliable source.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
I think it is blackness with a few flashes of light here and there. But I have nothing to base that on so *shrugs*
They don't see shit.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S

Just flashes I think.........The lucky bastards
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Last edited by slash_GNR666 at Jul 20, 2011,
My friend who used to be blind says he just saw extremely vague and fuzzy shapes/colors.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
My friend who used to be blind says he just saw extremely vague and fuzzy shapes/colors.

Used to be blind? What is he now?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

Wait for it......

Not blind
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Wait for it......

Not blind

What did he do??? Finally wash your cum out of his eyes?
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
He had some kinda surgery when he came to the United States.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

He now has bionic eyes and can see things in the ultraviolet spectrum now.
Quote by slash_GNR666
What did he do??? Finally wash your cum out of his eyes?
Quote by ErikLensherr

IDK, but it sounds like he wasn't completely blind then
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by mulefish

My friend at school was partially sighted and I helped out whenever I could, but the amount of times people would ask him "are you fully blind?", "can you see anything at all?" and my personal favourite "are you colorblind?" got annoying. Quickly.
muledit: ^ Yeah that's fair enough, a distinction [for the sake of TS's question] must be made between being 'fully blind' and having 'partial sight'

According to the United States Congress, he was blind.
(B)(i) is a resident of the United States, and is either (I) a citizen or (II) an alien
Didn't expect that there...

But yeah, that's fair enough. I suppose that answers TS's question to an extent. It varies, being blind does not mean no vision at all, it just means having really poor vision.
Next question; what if they have no eyes?
RIP Gooze

cats
Last edited by mulefish at Jul 20, 2011,
Quote by mulefish

You don't have to be completely sightless to be considered "blind" under the law, just have vision that's impaired beyond a certain point. 20/200 or worse apparently.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by mulefish
Next question; what if they have no eyes?

I think then it would just be black.
what about fully deaf people who have never heard a sound their whole life?
do they hear their own voice in their head when they think or do they see sign language in their head or wtf?
whenever i think i hear my own "voice" which is why i assume others do as well
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by Harvey Swick
what about fully deaf people who have never heard a sound their whole life?
do they hear their own voice in their head when they think or do they see sign language in their head or wtf?
whenever i think i hear my own "voice" which is why i assume others do as well

I remember in class a few years ago, we talked about this and I was the only one who had like a strong internal monologue(like you have) and a lot of the other people (not deaf) actually saw symbols (i.e. letters and numbers) when thinking about stuff.
I'd imagine so. They still have the parts of the brain that deal with sight, but no information is going into them.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Maybe it depends on whether they were born blind or not.
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay
Quote by Poglia
I remember some blind guy telling he sees all white.

How does he know what white looks like?
Quote by Poglia
I remember some blind guy telling he sees all white.

... DAVE CHAPPELLE?!?
Everyday things change..

Basically they stay the same.
There's different kinds of things that can cause different kinds of blindness. Optic nerve damage might produce blackness. I get bleeding into the eyeball that I can't see through, from high blood pressure, causing functional blindness, I can still see light through it, but can't read or see tv. This condition, for me, goes away with time and medication.
Lense damage like cataracks can cause blurring that makes you blind but with light. Retinal damage like macular degeneration causes tunnel vission blindness or uncorrectable vision problems. You can be technically blind but still see light through the bad eye. I know.
Wow. I come back to UG after god knows how many years and what do I find but a blindness related thread. Awesome. The person who said it varies by condition is dead-on. I have an underdeveloped optic nerve so I can see light and some vague shadows (which incidentally allow me to chase you at close enough range; real fun).
Quote by Tommy Walker
I remember in class a few years ago, we talked about this and I was the only one who had like a strong internal monologue(like you have) and a lot of the other people (not deaf) actually saw symbols (i.e. letters and numbers) when thinking about stuff.

So some people don't have an internal monologue. That would be so weird. Everything I think is in my voice.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Do black people see blind people?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I actually have quite a few blind friends. What they "see" all depends on the actual level of site they have.
I will go through some of the different conditions with just the first initial of the friends name.

R;
Has a degenerative disease, he can't see anything unless hes at kissing distance, other then that it's all one big blur. So he has some sight, but is still legally blind.

A;
He can see only shapes, light and shadows and thats about it.

V;
Has only light perception. She can see when you turn on the lights, and when her eyes are closed and thats it.

and Finally theres A;
She had cancer of the eyes as a baby and the doctor removed her eyes. She uses prosthetics, and she literally sees nothing, not even black. We will never understand this "nothingness" just like she will never understand color.

There are many different levels of blindness, just as many as there are ways to lose ones vision. One thing you may find surprising is that many of these people still play video games, of course with help from someone who is sighted.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Last edited by Alucard817 at Jul 20, 2011,
Quote by Kensai
Do black people see blind people?

wat
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Quote by TheSPillow
Do they 'see' what we 'see' when our eyes are closed? Do they not have a sense of sight at all? I searched a bit around the internet and couldn't find anything completely reliable.

...And we all know The Pit is a reliable source.

Sensory deprivation can't really be described as sensing anything, which is why it would be so disorienting to someone who had that sense before.
Quote by Don_Humpador
I'm pretty sure they don't see black. They don't "see" at all.

Nobody sees black.
Page 1 of 2