Hey, I am looking into getting an Ec-1000 BLK, but I want to know, do they make them with black chrome hardware like the Ec-1000QM? Would I have to custom shop it?
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Screw that, hardware like the 330?
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Yeah, it'll come with the black chrome hardware. I'm pretty sure when this started happening, they claimed that black hardware was harmful to the environment or some shit. You can always fork out an extra $120 and get a TonePros locking bridge, but you'll run into a slight problem. It's very possible the tailpiece studs and ferrules (correct me if I'm wrong on that one) will not fit, so you'll have to use the original studs and ferrules. So I went to Walmart and bought plain black automotive touch-up paint and painted the studs -- it matched perfectly with the rest of the black hardware. It even fools me so it'll fool others, too. I did this to my ESP Eclipse II just this past weekend and the TonePros locking bridge is very nice. The strings seem tighter and seem to stay in tune much better along with the intonation being pretty accurate, as well.

If you were to do a custom quote on that same exact guitar but with black hardware, it'll be expensive because it's a handmade custom. It'll be much cheaper to swap out the hardware. I hope this helps.

Check out my thread and look at my white Eclipse and you'll see the black hardware along with the studs I painted.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1461828
ESP Eclipse II SW - D'Addario 11-49 Eb
LTD F-400FM - Ernie Ball 12-56 C#
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
Last edited by TH3M B0N3Z at Jul 20, 2011,