Checkin' out the intro on Descrate Through Reverance, and the octaves look like this:
----2---
----x---
----2---

How in the world do I play that???
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

use two fingers. fretting hand or picking hand. your choice really.
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
I wonder how pointer on the D and middle on the A would be like. I'll have to give it a shot. Maybe it just takes getting used to.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

use one finger to fret the 2 on the lower string, and have it resting on the higher string (the one with the 'x') so it's muted, then use another finger to fret the 2nd fret on the higher string.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Gotcha'! I'll give it a go.
Quote by luxeion

if i'm not incorrect, he actually uses his index to fret those 2 notes, and has his middle resting at like 3.2 for a pinch harmonic.
Pick the low D with your pick, and the other D string with your middle or ring finger.
Schecter Omen 6FR
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Line 6 spider IV15
Yamaha F325
Use two fingers, mute the A string with your index finger.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

ya could fret the downtuned e string with your thumb, use the tip of it to mute the a and fret the d as normal