Page 1 of 2
Sony planned to release it at Comic-Con but things appear to have gone off plan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3oBosf5SZs&feature=player_embedded

I'm curious as to whether Andrew Garfield can manage to pull off a Peter Parker/Spiderman as good as Tobey Maguire's. Frankly I didn't find his performance in The Social Network especially compelling.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
He was great in the social network but I'm not too sure about this film. I don't now what to think about this one even if the first person does look amazing. I'm not too excited for this but that's probably because I'm such a huge fan of the original ones with sam raimi.
Why would they make another Spider-man beginning which Tobey already established and starred in it?
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Gritty reboots 'erywhere up in this bitch.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Oh that's pretty cool I guess. I still reckon they should have had more of a focus on Venom in the third Spiderman film and maybe even thrown Carnage into the mix. Sandman was lame.
I think they should have had Eddie Brock as a supporting character, building him up and finished on a cliff hanger with him getting the symbiote.
Yeah that would have been awesome but I don't think they intended on making a fourth. Hence the 'reboot'.
Quote by OldRocker
Why would they make another Spider-man beginning which Tobey already established and starred in it?

yeah i agree, instead of making a remake of the first movie they have just made this one a sequel
Quote by OldRocker

Apparently the studio was having conflicts with the director/writers and it caused a lot of the cast to not renew the contracts.

I may be wrong but i know it was money related.
\
_\,,
"-=\~ _
\\~___( ~
_|/---\\_
\ \
Anyone else think the amount of reboots in this dark gritty style is really annoying?

I mean, I really like the batman movies, but please spiderman, superman, it seems like every ****ing ____man movie is being rehashed these days!
RIP Gooze

cats
went to see batman live yesterday. was disappointed at how overdone batman is these days.
do we really need to hear the story of these characters over and over again? i only went because it was free.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
It's stupid to reboot a franchise that literally is a few years old. Another Spiderman origin story is at just about at the bottom of my "want to see" list. Although considering how lame Spiderman 3 was they really had no choice.
Quote by Zeletros
+1 to those who don't like the new actor as Parker

Wtf is this? youtube?

TROLOLO 57 PEOPLE MISSED THE LIKE BUTTON

what.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
At least Tobey looked like Peter Parker should. I just don't see this ending very well
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Slightly off topic but I did like the Hulk sequel (if you can call it that). I'm pretty sure it left off where the first one with Eric Banner finished. I personally like the second one better and that was a reboot.
Quote by Borsworth
Slightly off topic but I did like the Hulk sequel (if you can call it that). I'm pretty sure it left off where the first one with Eric Banner finished. I personally like the second one better and that was a reboot.

Nope it was a reboot, they were just smart and pretty much skipped over the origin part which everyone and their mother knows about.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

Are they serious? The new costume looks horrible:

I don't like that they spent time on Peter's parents. I don't like the music. It looks like they ran out of footage and just inserted a Mirror's Edge sequence with a new skin. Spider-Man is not supposed to be dark and gritty. And worst of all, the is no Bruce Campbell!
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2
And worst of all, the is no Bruce Campbell!

His cameos were easily the best parts of the Sam Raimi movies.

Anyone else find it weird that the director is called Marc WEBB?
I know it was part of the comics and all that but if they're trying to make it more "realistic", then the whole mechanical webshooters thing is BS.

I am of course fully open to the possibility of radioactive spiderpowers.
Funny words.
It does look a bit too dark for a spiderman film. Spiderman 2 was the perfect combination of being dark and, well, not dark. But this is Mark Webb, so hopefully he is making it balanced like 500 Days of Summer.
I'm surprised at the amount of people in this thread is crying foul, Marvel is setting up a Continuity which follows what we've been seeing lately with Iron Man, Hulk, and Thor, that means that Spider-Man needs a reboot to be included in the Avengers film universe, Fantastic 4 is also getting a reboot. It only makes sense to Reboot the Spider-Man franchise.
Quote by Spartan101400
I'm surprised at the amount of people in this thread is crying foul, Marvel is setting up a Continuity which follows what we've been seeing lately with Iron Man, Hulk, and Thor, that means that Spider-Man needs a reboot to be included in the Avengers film universe, Fantastic 4 is also getting a reboot. It only makes sense to Reboot the Spider-Man franchise.

Spider-Man's not in the same [movie] universe as the Avengers because he's owned by Sony. Same with the F4. Different studios.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by lushacrous
Spider-Man's not in the same [movie] universe as the Avengers because he's owned by Sony. Same with the F4. Different studios.

It doesn't make a difference who distributes it, it's still worked by Marvel Studios.
Quote by Spartan101400
It doesn't make a difference who distributes it, it's still worked by Marvel Studios.

I think it does make a difference. I know for a fact that Magneto and Wolverine were going to have cameos in Captain America, but it didn't happen because Fox or whoever has X-Men. Same deal.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Seems more in line with the cartoon that was around when I was a kid, which was awesome. Nice to see the Lizard in it, but will mary jane be in this.

Also if they've done the lizard now, I dont really see where they could go in the next without re-doing the goblins etc

I'm optimistic but wary of this tbf
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Marvel may own the characters but the film rights belong to other studios. I don't know about you guys but I hate how all these films are connected. Iron Man was great because it was just an Iron Man movie if you skip the post credits scene.

I get a feeling that the avangers movie is going to be a lame mess. It's going to be like GI Joe all over again.
Quote by sticksause
Marvel may own the characters but the film rights belong to other studios. I don't know about you guys but I hate how all these films are connected. Iron Man was great because it was just an Iron Man movie if you skip the post credits scene.

I get a feeling that the avangers movie is going to be a lame mess. It's going to be like GI Joe all over again.

Marvel IS the Studio, it's just that there are other distributors that don't want to give up the rights because they're stingy
Pointless remake, only been about a decade since the first film and emo Spiderman moodily wandering round an industrial estate? What? It made sense to remake Batman because the original were pretty terrible and campy but what was wrong with Spiderman 1+2.
Toby Maguire got the character perfectly and I've not seen the social network but I'm not that fussed about this guy.
Beh.
OUT OF ORDER
Quote by loose bowels
Pointless remake, only been about a decade since the first film and emo Spiderman moodily wandering round an industrial estate? What? It made sense to remake Batman because the original were pretty terrible and campy but what was wrong with Spiderman 1+2.
Toby Maguire got the character perfectly and I've not seen the social network but I'm not that fussed about this guy.
Beh.

All three Spiderman films were garbage imo. I absolutely hated them. I am more than welcome to a remake if it means pushing the Sam Raimi ones out of my memory. Same thing happened with the Hulk. They had the one with Eric Bana in 2003, but it was trash. Then Edward Norton starred in a completely different (non-sequel) one in 2008 which was much better.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by DonGlover
All three Spiderman films were garbage imo. I absolutely hated them. I am more than welcome to a remake if it means pushing the Sam Raimi ones out of my memory. Same thing happened with the Hulk. They had the one with Eric Bana in 2003, but it was trash. Then Edward Norton starred in a completely different (non-sequel) one in 2008 which was much better.

Spider-Man 3 aside, what was wrong with the first 2?
Quote by sticksause
Spider-Man 3 aside, what was wrong with the first 2?

I wasn't big on the script/dialogue in either of them. The CGI wasn't that great. I found the 2nd one slow and boring and didn't care what happened to anyone in the film. I can't stand Kirsten Dunst or Tobey Maguire (that's not the movie's fault though). The relationships were flipping around so much in the second that I just stopped caring who ends up with who. The first Spiderman wasn't terrible, but a lot of parts seemed cliché. On top of it all, I'm not a big fan of Spidey anyways. So...
A SIGNATURE.
Quote by DonGlover
The Edward Norton one sucked too.

I understand rebooting the series, but I don't see the point in retelling the origin story. We all know it; there's no need to explain it again.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
The Edward Norton one sucked too.

I understand rebooting the series, but I don't see the point in retelling the origin story. We all know it; there's no need to explain it again.

I'm not a Hulk fan either so I still wasn't big on the reboot, but I still found it a lot better than the Eric Bana one. As for retelling the origin story, I liked the way they did it in the reboot much better and the story was different from the 2003 version so it still distinguished itself from the other. If they can tell the origin story over without it looking like a copy of the older version, then I'm fine with that. I mean, you can't just leave it out or else because it indicates that it is the beginning of the series.
A SIGNATURE.
The shit is this ****? The latest Spiderman movies were fine, 3 aside.

The movie industry really isn't doing well lately.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Page 1 of 2