I have a really daft problem with the Super Slinky's I've been buying for the last 12 months. The strings are way too smooth and my useless fingers tend to just slide off them (sweaty hands I guess ) when I least want them too.

Can anyone recommend some electric guitar strings with a bit more texture and grip?

Thanks
Don't get new strings, just use pine tar to keep your hands from slipping. Just like the wide receivers of old!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I dunno if you can buy strings with "texture", but try going up a couple of gauges to .011's or something... You might find those a bit tougher.
Brian May Red Special
Vox AC30C2
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Rothwell Hellbender
Vox V847 Wah
Boss DD-7 Delay
Fryer Treble Booster Deluxe
Pine Tar? Where on earth do you buy that? It sounds like something an American lumberjack would carry ;o)
The pine tar comment was sarcasm

In all honesty, you could try upping the string gauges, but I've never heard of "slippery strings" before...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I know what he's talking about. I play .11 guage or higher strings all the time and when i try out a factory strung ibanez (they use d'addario .09 sets) the eBG strings feel slippery and loose. Try thicker strings, try getting a set with a wound g string - EB and D'addario do them
I think it's where I've got callouses on my fingertips, they kind of get hard and polished. That's probably more info than you want to know!!! But yes, the fingertips don't have much grip on the strings. Maybe Pine Tar isn't such a bad idea....
Black Diamond strings... it has a costing of plastic that really gives it a squeaky grippy texture.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by AshersUK
Now that sounds perfect, thanks ragingkitty, I'll give 'em a whirl.

I really didn't like them. They felt very uncomfortable but YMMV. Note that they aren't cheap either.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.