Hey there. I'm looking for new pickups for my telecaster, because the current pickups on it are a little thin sounding. So, what I'd like to get something that has some more midrange, yet still has that telecaster sound. The lace sensor pickups seemed like something that would work, but there are not a lot of guitars out there in shops that I can check out or demo videos I can listen to. Being a Jonny Greenwood fan, I gravitated towards a lace sensor red in the bridge and blue in the neck combo. I'd like to hear from some people with these pickups. How do they sound? Are they more like a humbucker than a single coil? I'll take any other suggestions for other brands as well. Thanks in advance!
Lace sensors can sound a bit sterile. The main reason Jonny uses them is because the singles are noiseless and the humbucker has ridiculous output for all the effects he uses. If you're looking for a more conventional pickup setup, you might want to consider wide range pickups (Thom uses these) or a JB. What type of tele do you have?
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Just a MIM tele with single coils. I might find that red dually humbucker very handy someday.

JB as in Joe Barden, I presume?
JB as in Seymour Duncan SH-4 "Jazz Blues"

If it's a single coil bridge I'd advise getting a single coil sized humbucker in the bridge, like a JB Jr. Although I'm not sure that'll work in a Tele. Hot Rails might be a better option. The Hot might be a good option too, but could be noisy if you don't have a noise gate.

I myself am a big Radiohead fan and looking for pickups for my Metal Driver. That's got HHH routing though and I'm going to cut a scratchplate myself, so I have too many options!!!
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
i was always under the impressing JB meant 'Jeff Beck'. mis-informed i see.
some guitars
some amps
some pedals
some crabs