Hey guys

Yesterday I've been to my local guitar shop to try few high end metal guitars, because I'm looking for one. After that, I've picked up Squier classic vibe Telecaster, just for lulz really...

Damn it sounds really nice! I played on a fender twin reverb, and clean/crunch tone was sweet.

Why it's so shocking? Because I always thought that telecasters are the ugliest guitars in the world, designed by people from stone age. The bridge looks like some random trash metal plate with screws but it doesnt have 24 frets nor "emgZ" and floyd, and yet it plays like a charm.

I'm starting to believe that guitar and sound taste changes with time. Of course I'll probably get some bandwagon metal equipped axe, because it just does metal really well, but I'm definitely going to buy this Tele classic vibe this year. Squier or not, sounds great and has its own character.

Have you ever had this happen? Hating a particular guitar type and then changed your mind?
I used to hate the Explorer shape.. But once I tried one (Gibson Explorer), I'll never forget how good guitars they are.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Actually, exactly the same happened to me... Well almost anyway, i was looking for a fender MiM strat a couple months ago. And like you, i saw this beautiful classic vibe 50's tele in the semi-transparent cream finish. I then decided to try it out, it was cheap and i thought: ''why not?''.

I ended up buying the tele, instead of a MiM fender that would've cost twice as much.. It really is a great guitar! Amazing for the price, and id say it could beat most MiM fender and teles without problem.
This is a result of finishing puberty.

You get some taste.

You see the tele for what it is. A beautifull classic guitar that no other guitar can sound like, no collection is complete without one.

Heres a fender broadcaster. To complete your transition you need to jack off to this picture for a couple of hours.

i did the metal/shred guitar thing for many years. about 4 years ago i played a strat copy (vinyard) just for the hell of it (plus it looked nice) and the next thing you know i'm a strat player, into single coil pickups and swearing off floyds. tastes do change and sometimes you get suprized. i still love metal but my actual playing is better suited to older hard rock styles.
Quote by beckyjc

You get some taste.

You see the tele for what it is. A beautifull classic guitar that no other guitar can sound like, no collection is complete without one.

Heres a fender broadcaster. To complete your transition you need to jack off to this picture for a couple of hours.

I don't care if all the pros in their world put their blood and sweat into building that telecaster. No guitar. No 50 guitars should cost 78,000$.
Absoloutely, its a collectors thing, the value will go up because its an original and there was only around 500 of them.

Id never pay for it in a million years, id steal it though.
Yea I went through the same thing, I'd always see them and say that they were hideous (which they still are) but the tone is just amazing! All that twang and that crunch, but my mind didnt blow until I found out that the first Zeppelin album was done on a Tele. If Jimmy Page loves Tele's then why can't I?
Tastes change, in music and guitars. I was die-hard punk fan back in the 70s, but my tastes run now towards jazz & blues. I love my Tele for either. Yesterday I bought, of all things, an electric resonator, with P-90 in the neck and piezos. I never would have thought it would appeal to me even 10 years ago. Sounds good, but not a clean sound out of it. Filthy Delta blues, here I come.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
I used to not like Tele's either. Lately I've been actually wanting one. I always have been a Strat guy though.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
That's the nicest Tele I've ever seen. ^ my jaw literally dropped when I saw that pic
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by beckyjc

You get some taste.

Damn............
For your sake I hope heaven & hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Guitar & skateboarding. Do what you want.
Quote by beckyjc

You get some taste.

well, as soon as I saw that, the boner was up. Then I saw the price tag and boner died

Lol, i am a metal player, and I really cant see myself playing blues or light stuff. But recently Ive just had an undying urge to buy a tele, I also thought they were the ugliest things ever, but for some strange reason I need one.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Quote by bustapr
well, as soon as I saw that, the boner was up. Then I saw the price tag and boner died

It's ok. That's the price in Yen.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
i like teles better thn strats. strats just irk me for some reason. not a fan of the feel ,not a fan of teh controls.

however i recently almost busted while i discovered roy buchanan playing on youtube and its one of the most amazing tones out of one of the most amazing guitarists ive ever heard.

those videos alone are enough to buy a tele. in fact, if i every get a massive surplus of fund and buy a tele....it is without doubt because of roy buchanan
I have you every played or seen a Fender Thinline Telecaster before? I used to feel the exact same way about Telecasters as you, but then I had the honor of playing a Thinline Telecaster.............that day, my opinion on telecasters completely changed.
I played the classic vibe tele, it sounded great, if I could prove to myself that I'll get used to the neck then I would buy it.
My name is Jack.
Quote by Vulcan
Tastes change, in music and guitars. I was die-hard punk fan back in the 70s, but my tastes run now towards jazz & blues. I love my Tele for either. Yesterday I bought, of all things, an electric resonator, with P-90 in the neck and piezos. I never would have thought it would appeal to me even 10 years ago. Sounds good, but not a clean sound out of it. Filthy Delta blues, here I come.

Dude, I completely forgot how much I wanted a resonator ... what have you done!?!

Also, I never got how people thought Teles were ugly, I've loved them pretty much from the moment i started to play guitar.

As for changes; I used to hate Les Pauls, with a passion. I still don't like them all that much but I saw Drive-By Truckers live and their lead guitarist just has the sweetest tone ever, from the sweetest honey burst LP you will ever see. Yum

Check 45 seconds in, dat tone ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRx9hEvP6zc
I despised tele's for a long long time. Then I realized there's something magical about them. The history, the twang, the simplicity. The normal ones are a bit of a back breaker, but luckily I'm after the 72 thinline
Fender Lone Star Stratocaster
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 SH
Peavey VK112
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
I'm a metal player too and I fell in love with a G&L Asat Blueboy (which is a Telecaster equivalent). I still don't like the shape that much, but the sound and the feel are simply amazing!
Jbab
Quote by '93
amazing...you sir deserve a lol stack

I kind of want a Tele for the sound, but still think most look ugly, save for a few finnishes. The local shop has a G&L one in that looks pretty great.
Obligatory gear list
Guitars
Ibanez SZ4020 w/BKP Miracle Man set
Cort X-11 w/EMG 85+81
Tanglewood TSB58 HB w/BKP Nailbomb & Cold Sweat
Epiphone SG Prophecy w/Seymour Duncan/Ibz
Basses
Indie Swamp 4
Ibanez BTB 775 PB
Amps
Engl Screamer 50
There's a local band around here that I like alot. The last time I saw them was after I had started to learn guitar and noticed their guitarist was playing a really beat up Tele, I'm talking about duct tape on it so the strap stays on and finish wore off all over. This dude plays everything on this guitar. I couldn't believe the great metal tone he was getting from it. My dad has one that I played, and I do like the way it plays, I just still think they are an ugly guitar though.