http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/j/j...ab.htm#comments

im wonder how to play the 7th chords in the chorus. THats it. Please we got a gig in a couple weeks and i need to learn this song. PLease help

i love u

prob a better place to post this

sorry mods
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Your link doesn't work.

You've got a few simple barred shapes for 7th chords however:

e|---5---5---|
B|---5---7---|
G|---6---5---|
D|---5---7---|
A|---7---5---|
E|---5-------|

maj7

e|---5---5---|
B|---5---7---|
G|---6---6---|
D|---6---7---|
A|---7---5---|
E|---5-------|

m7

e|---5---5---|
B|---5---6---|
G|---5---5---|
D|---5---7---|
A|---7---5---|
E|---5-------|
Nothing that is worthwhile in life will ever come easy.
Directly stated, try:

e|---0---0---0---2---|
B|---2---0---2---4---|
G|---0---1---0---2---|
D|---2---0---2---4---|
A|---0---2---0---2---|
E|-------0-----------|

A7 - E7 - A7 - B7

Keep in mind that the melody/bass/anything else can contribute to the overall harmony and you could still imply a dominant seventh without hammering out the full chord on guitar. See what the other instruments are doing and decide what is needed and what isn't.
Nothing that is worthwhile in life will ever come easy.
Last edited by soviet_ska at Jul 20, 2011,
Quote by silly6-string

Hey John,

Don't play that, it's basically a shuffle blues, so play that instead. They come up with those chords based upon an analysis of the melody and style, but no ones playing those chords. It's your basic shuffle blues and a slide guitar running fills.

If you need further help, you know where to find me, (you're my student, membership has its privileges )

Easy song, but it rocks well live. Crowd pleaser.

Best,

Sean

PS hows your lesson coming?
Last edited by Sean0913 at Jul 20, 2011,
Quote by Sean0913
Hey John,

Don't play that, it's basically a shuffle blues, so play that instead. They come up with those chords based upon an analysis of the melody and style, but no ones playing those chords. It's your basic shuffle blues and a slide guitar running fills.

If you need further help, you know where to find me, (you're my student, membership has its privileges )

Easy song, but it rocks well live. Crowd pleaser.

Best,

Sean

PS hows your lesson coming?

not bad just crazy busy atm. FOr the chorus play shuffle the verse part? i played just reg a and e and b with the fill and it sounded good. I dont have a slide or a talk box damn talented ppl. Ill use my wah instead. but its good enough.

plus my band just made another set list of about 12 songs .

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Last edited by silly6-string at Jul 20, 2011,
Quote by silly6-string
not bad just crazy busy atm. For the chorus play shuffle the verse part? i played just reg a and e and b with the fill and it sounded good. I dont have a slide or a talk box damn talented ppl. Ill use my wah instead. but its good enough.

plus my band just made another set list of about 12 songs .

You can do that too, as long as you got a lot of drive or someone's holding the groove. A shuffle done slow, even if it doesnt add the 6th and b7 will move things live. You need to have that slow shuffle groove there, and it needs to be felt, otherwise it will sound flat and static in a live setting. You gotta make it move. if it's the bass player he needs to cut through so the crowd feels it. Rookies miss this and the song will fall flat.

Best,

Sean
Last edited by Sean0913 at Jul 20, 2011,
Quote by Sean0913
You can do that too, as long as you got a lot of drive or someone's holding the groove. A shuffle done slow, even if it doesnt add the 6th and b7 will move things live. You need to have that slow shuffle groove there, and it needs to be felt, otherwise it will sound flat and static in a live setting. You gotta make it move. if it's the bass player he needs to cut through so the crowd feels it. Rookies miss this and the song will fall flat.

Best,

Sean

ty

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Listening to and mimicking the original recording/guitar part is probably a good thing to do.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by GuitarMunky
Listening to and mimicking the original recording/guitar part is probably a good thing to do.

it is ill prob do everything joe walsh did but the talk box part prob improve that with a wah.

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Quote by silly6-string
it is ill prob do everything joe walsh did but the talk box part prob improve that with a wah.

Yeah, that's probably the best solution if you don't have the Talkbox. Good luck & have fun!
shred is gaudy music