Hey UG this thread is for personal use and hopefully others can benefit as well. I want to build a thread where everyone shares one thing that helps them with guitar. This could be in terms of practice, theory, or any way to grasp guitar more efficiently found right in one thread. This definitely is also reaching out to pro guitarists to help others. Like how did people get over difficult chords or remembering chords. Anything relevant.
listing to more then one genre of music and getting inspiration from it.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
practice
and doing whatever i could do slowly until i could do it

you have to want to do it
i found that when i forced myself to practice something i didnt want to learn or found no use for it didnt really stick
My advice: Once you learn the basics...start jamming with another player. Whether it be a bassist, drummer, or another guitar player...you'll pick up things from them (and possibly vice versa). You can sit as home all day long playing until your fingers bleed, but if you bring in another person it can open you up to new ideas.

I'm not saying you have to start a band right away...but just hanging out with a buddy and sharing ideas and techniques can really help you improve.
Quote by p_a_morgan
My advice: Once you learn the basics...start jamming with another player. Whether it be a bassist, drummer, or another guitar player...you'll pick up things from them (and possibly vice versa). You can sit as home all day long playing until your fingers bleed, but if you bring in another person it can open you up to new ideas.

I'm not saying you have to start a band right away...but just hanging out with a buddy and sharing ideas and techniques can really help you improve.

^^^I cant stress this enough^^^

Playing with people is the ultimate step up. You'd be surprised how difficult it is at first but once you get the hang of each others timing you will a) become a better player and b) get more enjoyment out of playing. Nailing a solo is sweet but nailing a solo with your buddy chugging the rhythm behind you(or vice versa) is awesome.