today i got my new guitar from Thomann.de, a Jackson js32rt dinky.
I really like the guitar but that's not the point of this thread.

thing is, i noticed a very tiny hole next to the 11th fret and am wondering
if this is bad or doesn't really matter, as i can't notice it while playing.
the hole is about 1mm wide at the widest point and like 0,5mm deep at that point
it is like 3mm long but isn't as wide and deep there as the deepest point.
you can't see the hole very well at the images due to my phones bad camera
but its at same spot as the blue line in the circle on image 2. see attachments for those

so, is it bad and should i send the guitar back to thomann or is it no big deal?
sry for my crappy english, it's not my 1st language.

tl;dr hole near 11th fret, get rid of the guitar?
Attachments:
fret1.jpg
fret2.JPG
Last edited by fretjuuh at Jul 20, 2011,
Um, yeah, the picture doesnt help. A tiny hole in the fretboard will not affect your playing at all. I wouldn't worry about it myself. It might affect resale value, if thats something you care about, but only if you try to sell before you accidentally make any marks on it yourself.
I can't see it. Is a groove from possibly a misplaced fret slot? If it bothers you, I guess send it back. But it's a cheap guitar, so the replacement may have something else wrong that bothers you even more.
Naaa I wouldn't worry about it. Frets wear away after time anyway
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
I forgot to mention that you can lightly sand the fretboard with some 300 grit, and then some 600 grit to get small holes like that out and you won't even notice it after. It may not be that easy with it up against the fret like that though. Then just hit it with some lemon oil.
Quote by W4RP1G
I can't see it. Is a groove from possibly a misplaced fret slot? If it bothers you, I guess send it back. But it's a cheap guitar, so the replacement may have something else wrong that bothers you even more.

i think it might be this.

thank you all for your answers i was just wondering if it might weaken the neck but as you all confirmed it's no problem i'm not sending it back.