.. have some heavy sounds?
I try to explain myself: i'm in the search for an heavy sound, something like Avenged Sevenfold, Breaking Benjamin, Alter Bridge etc. etc. (i know, maybe someone will complain that those sounds aren't heavy, but they haven't got a "pop guitar sound").

I'm actually using a Fulltone OCD and i bought an old Boss Hm-3 HyperMetal. The Heavy Metal has got the right amount of distortion that i want, but it doesn't sound good. It cuts all the Midrange frequencies, making a V equalization; another bad thing is the response to the dynamic playing, sounding like a digital fake distortion, but it doesn't really bother me; the really bad aspect of the pedal is that if you try to use the OCD to boost it(cause the overdrive must be placed before the distortion), the Hm3 just almost nullify everything that it's placed before, making the guitar sound as the pedal command. It doesn't matter what you put before, it always sound the same.

So i was planning to replace it, but what are your suggestions? I want to keep my OCD, because it's fantastic, one of the best overdrive i've ever heard and it has also a lot of gain, which it pleasure me, but it's still an overdrive effect and i can't reach the sound i want using only that.

I don't know if it's better to buy a booster that i should put before the ocd, or a distortion pedal to use by itself or a distortion pedal that i must boost with the ocd, etc. etc.

I have got the Costum Audio Electronics MC401 Boost/Line Driver that i use to boost the volume for the solos (the Mxr Microamp adds some "midranged gain", but this is totally clean, it just increase the volume).

Sorry for my bad english, and thank you very much for the patience on reading everything i wrote!
I'm waiting for an help!
I suggest you look at the following and choose which one fits the sound and budget.

Wampler triple wreck
Okko dominator
Emma pysudiwot
Greenhouse no brainer
Or the Tight Metal Pedal, I forget who makes it.
Check out the MXR M78 distortion box. I have it and it has a crunch channel in it to get more harmonic saturation.

Also, fwiw, I have to say that I like the Digitech Bad Monkey more than the OCD and it's a lot cheaper ($49).

Do you have an EQ in your pedal chain? I have an MXR ten band EQ and basically use it as a treble boost for leads.

Of course, since these things are always a matter of personal taste, YMMV.
if you dont mind having to tinker around a lot to get the sound you want i would suggest the boss mt-2 metal sone. but you really have to **** around with it to get the sound you want.
Quote by ampoverload
get a line 6 amp set it on insane and erryting to 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not do this!
Thank you very much for your answers!
I started searching some demos on the web because i didn't nearly know any of those pedals!
So:

Quote by Grawgos
I suggest you look at the following and choose which one fits the sound and budget.

Wampler triple wreck
Okko dominator
Emma pysudiwot
Greenhouse no brainer
Or the Tight Metal Pedal, I forget who makes it.

The Triple Wreck sounds really nice!
The Dominator it's really brutal, it isn't meant to be played by me :P, and the other sounds good but from the videos they didn't seem to fit me either.

Quote by CrawlingHorror
Check out the MXR M78 distortion box. I have it and it has a crunch channel in it to get more harmonic saturation.

Also, fwiw, I have to say that I like the Digitech Bad Monkey more than the OCD and it's a lot cheaper ($49).

Do you have an EQ in your pedal chain? I have an MXR ten band EQ and basically use it as a treble boost for leads.

Of course, since these things are always a matter of personal taste, YMMV.

The MRX seems good, but it doesn't seem that "badass" as the name says to me. I'm searching something highgain or something to boost the OCD (or to be boosted by it).
I haven't got an EQ.

Quote by tonybony1491
if you dont mind having to tinker around a lot to get the sound you want i would suggest the boss mt-2 metal sone. but you really have to **** around with it to get the sound you want.

The Hm-3 sounded that bad to me played with my bandmates that i would stay away from the boss distortion pedals :P And actually i don't like the MT-2 too much!

Quote by justinb904
Check out the Mad Professor Stone Grey Distortion
http://proguitarshop.com/store/effe...stortion-p-3235

The Mad Professor Stone Grey sounds really good!

I usually use an Hiwatt transistor amp, i really love it's clean tone, so i haven't got tube to boost! I need distortion directly from the pedals!
i would try your boost(s) into the ocd just in case that does what you want.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
sure, why not?

you're hitting the input of the pedal harder, so it's going to be more distorted (a bit like using higher output pickups).

I mean it might sound horrible, but since you already have them you might as well try it before forking out for something else...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jul 20, 2011,
yeah i mean i think it's probably fine, but start at lower levels first, just in case. and also do it at your own risk, lol.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?