so i think it's time to let go of my Yamaha and invest in a new weapon. i'm looking for a bass that meets these requirements:
-5 strings
-either J/J or P/J pickups (i'm tired of humbuckers)
-preferably 24 frets, but i can live with 21/22 if the rest of the bass is awesome enough
-thin neck

i'm going to be playing everything from death metal to post-rock to jazz with this thing. i'm probably going to keep it tuned in ADGCF and ACGCF. 35" scale isn't completely necessary as I currently have my Yamaha in these tunings and it holds enough tension just fine.

by the time i sell the Yamaha i'll probably have around $700 in the bank, i'd probably like to spend around $400/600. so yeah, suggestions please!
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal

That sort of thing?

EDIT: I have no idea about price.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Ibanez G105

Coming up at about £1900 GBP.
Quote by FatalGear41
Bassists don't hover on the forum day and night like guitarists. We've got lives to lead, music to play and whiskey to drink.

Quote by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.
Last edited by GAPendragon at Jul 20, 2011,
Squier VM Jazz 5 String

Quote by GAPendragon
Ibanez G105

Coming up at about £1900 GBP.

TS said he'd have about $700
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Last edited by Vampire 255 at Jul 21, 2011,
I know. I was identifying the top picture.
Quote by FatalGear41
Bassists don't hover on the forum day and night like guitarists. We've got lives to lead, music to play and whiskey to drink.

Quote by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.
a warwick rockbase corvette (you might have to go used, would be great. the the squier vm jazz is also a good option.

if your willing to look past your humbucker thing a schecter stilletto custom 5 (although the neck is pretty thick) or an ibanez sr series.
no sir away a papaya war is on